Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Oil change tech dented my door

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 05:41 PM

Oil change tech dented my door

I got my oil changed today and the lube tech dented the door when he got out of the HHR. . The little $#!7 wouldn't even have acknowledge it if I wasn't standing right there, I looked at him and said you are paying for that, he says oh is this yours?

AAAAAAAAARG. They took all my information and are filing an claim on their insurance.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:43 PM

I'd be hanging that guy by parts he don't want to be hung by. I would presume they will be fixing it, unless they want to end up on Judge Judy.

Seriously...what did they say about fixing it? They certainly are liable. Keep us posted.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:52 PM

They said that they would file with their insurance in the morning and let me know where to take it to get it fixed.

AND they said that it was his 3rd complaint for doing that... TODAY!!

I want to load up the broad sword and go wait for the little punk to get off work.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:08 PM

any pictures? depending on what kind of dent it is, you could take it to a PDR (paintless dent removal) shop and have them pop it out. It would be a lot faster than paint, wouldnt require much disassembly, no blending, etc.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Banned

I would have choked the tech. and then made the place changing my oil get it fixed right then! Or been dragged to jail in the process. Sorry for misfortune bro! It sucks when people that don't care about peoples vehicles are the ones working on them.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:36 PM

Well that certainly sucked....Good thing you were standing there...3 times today he dented someone's door....time for the tech to find a new trade not involving cars.....
By chance was that his PT Cruiser in the lot???
Old 06-29-2006, 06:39 PM

It will easily be a PDR situation. Its the kind of dent those places were designed for. There arent any scratches just a dent so it will fix easily.

You cant realy see the dent that good in any of the pics, so I pointed to it in the one I uploaded in this post.
Attached Images  
Old 06-29-2006, 06:53 PM

3rd time he dented someones car in one day??? Is he smoking weed on the job?? Better make sure he filled your crankcase with oil!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 07:45 PM
Platinum Member

Gambler, can I guess?

He pushed the door closed with a hand or knee on the sheet metal???

Oh, your car...their liability. Your dealer, or choice of repair !!!

Sorry to hear about this. I know it is only a matter of time before I experience something like that also. I'm holding my breath till the first scratch, etc.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Gambler, can I guess?

He pushed the door closed with a hand or knee on the sheet metal???

Oh, your car...their liability. Your dealer, or choice of repair !!!

Sorry to hear about this. I know it is only a matter of time before I experience something like that also. I'm holding my breath till the first scratch, etc.
Nope didn't push it closed, just jumped out and hit the door on a table that was too close to the service lane. The corner of the table hit it.

It is going to the repair shop of my choice, one of my customers is a body shop so im going to them.

Originally Posted by x-ray1950
3rd time he dented someones car in one day??? Is he smoking weed on the job?? Better make sure he filled your crankcase with oil!!!
OH I sat about 5 feet from it throughout the rest of the oil change just to make sure, and I wouldn't let them test it until the manager looked under the car to make sure the oil plug was back in.

Quick Reply: Oil change tech dented my door