Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

paint problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 06:16 PM

Well, four61ob, now that you've had to jump through hoops to get your little problem straightened out, you seem to have a little different attitude toward the runningboard issue. It wasn't that long ago that you poo poo'd it all and felt those with paint problems should just take it on the chin and cough up the bucks for repairs and boards. This is a problem GM should own up to and take care of without passing the buck to the dealerships. People are buying and installing runningboards out of necessity now that the problem has rared its ugly head. Isn't that nice of them to agree to pay for a pint of paint!
Old 05-15-2006, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by kodak_jack
Well, four61ob, now that you've had to jump through hoops to get your little problem straightened out, you seem to have a little different attitude toward the runningboard issue. It wasn't that long ago that you poo poo'd it all and felt those with paint problems should just take it on the chin and cough up the bucks for repairs and boards.
you must have mis-understood me, I never said that...my statement was GM should repair the damage for free no mater what and if you could get RB out of them for free, great...that being the best case....the worse case IMO would be having to pay for the RB at the option price as if you ordered them the day you ordered the HHR....anything over that would be getting ripped off....
Old 05-16-2006, 04:43 AM

I still contend this is a design problem and owners shouldn't be footing the bill for it. If somebody doesn't have the problem or chooses to go without them, that's one thing. If it shows itself and causes damage that GM will only fix once, why should someone who paid $16,000 or more for a new vehicle be shelling out another $500+ to fix it? BTW, my comment to you was based on what you wrote in that other forum we go to.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by kodak_jack
I still contend this is a design problem and owners shouldn't be footing the bill for it. If somebody doesn't have the problem or chooses to go without them, that's one thing. If it shows itself and causes damage that GM will only fix once, why should someone who paid $16,000 or more for a new vehicle be shelling out another $500+ to fix it? BTW, my comment to you was based on what you wrote in that other forum we go to.
I'm sorry but I was more on the "I want it all free" thinking in the other forum...I think you've got me confused with the Capt...who told us to stop bashing GM about the issue. I came to the thinking that paying for the RB was going to be the best case because GM really should not have to pay for them when it was an option. My argument was if the gaurds were put there to protect the fenders then the guards should have been able to weather the sandblasting that would happen....yes a design flaw IMO but GM has now issued the "fix" one time, granted it only fixes the sandblasted areas to "showroom status" which allows the owner to then get the RB to keep the sandblasting from happening again...to me its a 50/50 split on fault, GM sorta says "yes we F'ed up, but so did the person that bought the HHR without RBs, they should have known this would happen without the RB, so we will meet you 1/2 way" do I agree to this idea of thought, not really but I have better things to do with my time....if GM does see the light at some point down the road, and will give RBs for free to everyone who has paid for them then I'll get in line with my my hand out....fat chance thats gonna happen in my life
Old 05-16-2006, 10:08 AM
Banned

Yup, I was the dick in that thread.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Yup, I was the dick in that thread.
ture but you said it with such love and conviction !
Old 05-16-2006, 10:36 AM

As long as people "take it on the chin", GM will not pony up, foot the bill, fix the problem, whatever. Their sales are on the slide. And I didn't know the Captain's real name was Dick.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:50 AM

oh man don't start bashing GM, don't want to get "Dick" going again !
Old 05-16-2006, 10:53 AM
Banned

I realized I went a little overboard. Sorry guys!
Old 05-16-2006, 12:05 PM

all forgiven Capt ....you did bring a "GM" point of view to the table that personally I was not seeing/understanding

....although I would like to see GM except the design flaw and rebate for the RB and install them on HHR that still have no RBs....

nuff said on this subject from me !

Quick Reply: paint problem