Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust
View Poll Results: Should i get pinstriping?
Yes
68.75%
No
31.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Pinstriping ..

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 11:31 AM

Definitely a darker color. Pinstripes should be subtle addition, putting white on your all black car would stand out too much.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by halfpanel08
umm.. i dunno. what you thinkin andrew?
for 20$ .. any color(s), any design, its removable..
honestly if it was me, I would put the money in effort into something else
Old 12-18-2008, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by 08BlkSS
honestly if it was me, I would put the money in effort into something else
alright, good idea. what else should i buy?

n why didnt you call me , u were off yesterday n today..
Old 12-19-2008, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by halfpanel08
alright, good idea. what else should i buy?

n why didnt you call me , u were off yesterday n today..
because I am still on my midnight time clock the past couple of days.....I am awake and up now, but its 3:47 am and I dont think you want me callin .... I would get the headlights/HID's ..... I know you want them
Old 12-19-2008, 06:25 AM

Definatly Not!!!

Definatly do not do it! I thought you were going for a clean Blacked out look?
That will mess up the whole look you are going for. Maybe you should add some chrome curb feelers while you are at it? Put a bunch of chrome chains from the back bumper. You could glue some of those chrome strips all down the side to!

Go for the blackout look and leave it, the car looks bad to the bone like it is. Do not start adding "Bling" and making it look "Ghetto" Is that the look you want to go for now? Personally I like the blacked out look better.

There are things you can do like lowering it that will make it look better with out messing up the look you are going for. Pinstripes may look good on a different color car with a different look but anything you put on a blacked out car looks cheap and messes up the look. There is NO color or design that will work with a blacked out car. Pink? Not!, Red? No Thank you! Blue? Yea Right! Yellow? Looks like bug guts. Lime Green? That goes with everything.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by The Curly 1
Definatly do not do it! I thought you were going for a clean Blacked out look?
That will mess up the whole look you are going for. Maybe you should add some chrome curb feelers while you are at it? Put a bunch of chrome chains from the back bumper. You could glue some of those chrome strips all down the side to!

Go for the blackout look and leave it, the car looks bad to the bone like it is. Do not start adding "Bling" and making it look "Ghetto" Is that the look you want to go for now? Personally I like the blacked out look better.

There are things you can do like lowering it that will make it look better with out messing up the look you are going for. Pinstripes may look good on a different color car with a different look but anything you put on a blacked out car looks cheap and messes up the look. There is NO color or design that will work with a blacked out car. Pink? Not!, Red? No Thank you! Blue? Yea Right! Yellow? Looks like bug guts. Lime Green? That goes with everything.
More Black ^^X 2^^ :twothumbs Take the Twenty Bucks and Put it Towards Some Springs!

Happy Holidays,
Old 12-19-2008, 07:21 AM

Andrew ... Yeah i might get some lights. Doubtful ill get HIDs cause they so much, but just some bulbs like you bought, or PIAAs at the most..
You can call me whenever.. do you got my new number anyways.. ?

Bruce ... Very true, well said. My buddy was just talkin to me the other day and was like hey ill pinstripe your car for 20$ .. Sounded good in my head.. But i better pass on it and invest in something else.. BLACKd out is where i wanna be . although lime green might look pretty sweet. lol. jk

Kevin .. Yeah i want some springs, doubt i can afford Eibachs though.. maybe cobalt SS springs ?! or used GL levelin springs..
Old 12-19-2008, 08:15 AM

What ever you do, dont do red. Cause I plan on Red for mine :)
DW
Old 12-19-2008, 09:10 PM

Blacked out look is COOL!

Blacked out look is so cool!
Now if it was a red car Orange and Yellow pinstripes would look nice. Blue metallic looks good with a silver stripes, White looks good with red or even turquoise. A green car can look good with yellow stripes but everything looks way out of place on a blacked out car look you are going for.
If you just have to add something you might want to look into a dark silver or grey HHR
Sticker similar to the ones on the SSR Chevy. Subtle yet powerful. You have a good concept or idea going on with your car, stick with it. Trust me.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by david whatley
What ever you do, dont do red. Cause I plan on Red for mine :)
DW
David, Welcome to the forum and I really like your first mod. Very nice.

Quick Reply: Pinstriping ..