Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Projector Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 09:03 PM

Projector Headlights

Hello hhr-ers

i have been considering a hhr ss for a while now and one of the things that i havent liked about the vehicle's appearance is the absence of projector style headlamps. the stock headlights do not look bad, but they look a little dated. many modern cars have adopted this style of headlights (mazda3, impreza, pontiac g8, etc).

i have seen aftermarket kits available for the cobalt as well as the SS's main competitor, the caliber srt-4. i have searched quite a bit and have not found a similar kit for the hhr. has anyone seen any kits, or retrofitted a projector style set up? any input would be appreciated. thanks!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:35 PM

Here's how Eric did his...

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/appearance-modifications-discussions-6/my-hid-bi-xenon-lights-installed-not-56k-friendly-22303/
Old 04-16-2009, 07:34 PM

that is a nice set up. unfortunately the price is AT LEAST $400. albeit a higher quality kit, i just wish there were kits available for the hhr like their are for the cobalt and caliber that are under 200 and are mostly plug and play
Old 04-17-2009, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by rockstr3
that is a nice set up. unfortunately the price is AT LEAST $400. albeit a higher quality kit, i just wish there were kits available for the hhr like their are for the cobalt and caliber that are under 200 and are mostly plug and play
Sry, just had to chime in. What I did on my car was NOT a kit. I did a full retro fit taken from a BMW. I did all the work getting it to fit. I am not selling anything, but rather mentioned what it would cost someone if they wanted to duplicate my efforts.

It really isn't that hard. But it can be scary...
Old 04-20-2009, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by rockstr3
I am in the same boat as you. Searching and searching but coming up empty. I have even contacted many sellers and manufacturers and I mostly get the run around but they do admit that there have been many requests for such items. Why the do not make them I do not know. I have even seen kits for Chevy Venture Minivans and Dodge Caravans and I would have to think the HHR crowd would be a much bigger market.

I have contemplated getting something like this http://www.rsi-hid.com/product_p/rsiprojretro.htm

but I think something like this would look better: