Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Rear bumper cover

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 04:09 PM

Rear bumper cover

Will be picking up my HHR next week. Would like to add the rear bumper cover. As a musician I will be doing a lot of loading/unloading gear. Any
coments on rear bumper cover (factory or aftermarket) None of them seem to offer full bumper surface protection. Just want to purchase the most robust/durable available.. Factory GM?? SoCAl??
any response appreciated
Old 03-11-2006, 04:24 PM

I just replied to your email Cruz. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Banned

I have the factory one and I'm happy with it. But I didn't give a damn about protecting the bumper. I got it because it matches the running boards.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:20 PM

Protect

I have one. It does help with loading. I have a stock one because I bought my spoiler on eBay $150.00 and it included the bumper guard.
It does match the running board also...
Old 03-11-2006, 11:08 PM

I have the CMF Black Carbon Fiber one that is sold by SoCal. Looks good and very easy to put on. Had on since Dec. no problems.

Charles
Old 03-12-2006, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by CruzHHR
Will be picking up my HHR next week. Would like to add the rear bumper cover. As a musician I will be doing a lot of loading/unloading gear. Any
coments on rear bumper cover (factory or aftermarket) None of them seem to offer full bumper surface protection. Just want to purchase the most robust/durable available.. Factory GM?? SoCAl??
any response appreciated
Welcome fellow musician & HHR owner!! I load drums (cases etc) in & out of mine several times a week and found that the bumper cover (GM or SoCals) makes no difference in the "protection" dept. (however, I'm not telling you that you shouldn't add one though)

I use a mover's (non-padded U-Haul type) blanket that covers my entire back area (side/side & up to the front seats backs) and I leave some extra blanket (12" or so) hanging out over the rear bumper for protection. Not one scratch or scuff on my bumper yet!

Maybe for a guitar or bass player, (or smaller rigs) my loading method might be overkill (also, not knowing what instrument you play) but for heavy gear... a blanket is must! Also aids in not scratching-up the rest of your HHR's interior.

Hope this helps, JD
Old 03-12-2006, 11:06 AM

I did this one myself:

The picture doesn't really do it justice - for some reason it's hard to photograph. It's made out of 1" and 3/8" (3/8" slightly modified) chrome molding. It turned out a LOT nicer than I thought it would.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:05 PM

HHR NUT...That looks AWESOME
Old 03-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Deceased

i found a cover like Jddrumman talks about on ebay and then found one cheaper looking on google.

its 24X36, made in Mexico, fairly well built
on one side it has a 1.5 in b4 34 in velcor w hooks running all the way across

on the other side it has 2 vertical strips at the top w hooks, 1X3
and 2 on the bottom w material to grab hooks same size

came w no instructions but i figured it out. works really good

if you take the carpet out to load, you need to put some velcro strips on the sides or one long one from left to right

i did the long one so it really grabs and stays.. wal mart had some really good industrial strength velcro in a box for like $5 for 5 feet and 2 in wide and the glue on back is industrial too

best stuff i have ever found,,, was in the hobby section
lots of teeth, doesnt feel stick or grabby but hard to pull apart

i use it for the speakers in my motorcycle helmet,,,, it really works

Old 03-12-2006, 02:17 PM

HHRNut i relly like your bumber cover its awsome!

Quick Reply: Rear bumper cover