Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Removing Fact. Stickers and Dealership Stickers

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:39 PM

Removing Fact. Stickers and Dealership Stickers

I am new here and just took delivery of my 09 SS on monday. This weekend I want to remove the dealership sticker from the back and also the airbag stickers from the visor. Is there any secrets or something special I should do to not damage anything or leave residue. Thanks as any help will be gladly appreciated.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:47 PM

I don't think you can remove the air bag stickers its more a paint, they do have stickers you can put over them though that actually look pretty cool, also i believe its illegal to cover at least the passenger side one but i could be wrong. This subject has came up before. The dealer sticker is easy to take off i used a hair dryer and some wd40 for the residue. OH ALSO WELCOME TO THE SITE!!!!
Old 04-21-2009, 11:57 PM

Welcome to the site and enjoy your new SS.
Here is a link for overlays to cover the airbag warning
http://www.streamlinedesign.com/automotive/visors.html
Old 04-22-2009, 02:35 AM

With the dealer stickers, peel and use Goo Gone! A little heat might help, but shouldn't be needed if you just took delivery. Airbag warnings on the visor need overlays from my experience. Good luck!
Old 04-22-2009, 01:17 PM

I use a blow drier on high. then peel it off. Has worked for me.
popapina
Old 04-22-2009, 01:30 PM

Being new, the dealer stickers will probably just peel off with no residue. Mine always have. Old stickers, I use a eraser wheel.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:12 PM

those overlays actually look pretty good. I have been tempted to do this.

Since it is vinyl it should peel off as needed. Also, if you really want to save the safety warning, take a photo of it, print it out on some cardstock and put it in your glove compartment.

I can't thermal print on vinyl here, but i bet with 2 colors i could just do a double layer of it to make whatever design i want. So cut a base and then apply the logo right on top it. Might have to do that one of these days.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:19 PM

Yup, that's where I got mine!

I've used the HHR and Flaming Bowtie.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:10 PM

The airbag stickers are required to be on the visors when sold as new. Somewhere, I believe there is verbiage that sates only the owner can remove them. It's akin to the proverbial "do not remove under penalty of law" tags on mattresses and pillows.

They are made of a heavy type of paper and are put on with some sort of hot glue, which makes them really hard to get off.

Charles, thanks for the link! I really like the idea of using those overlays.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:17 PM

mine are off

I ironed mine off. Remove the visor from car. Get iron, your wife's will do, get clean old cotton t shirt. Get eye brow tweezers, again your wife's. Put iron on 2nd hottest setting. Put t shirt over visor and heat it up for 10 to 20 sec. Use tweezers to pull corner. Once you get a start, half inch or so, reheat sticker for 10 secs. Then pull off as carefully and as fast as you can with your fingers. Iron t shirt again over visor to get any left over glue and rub visor with t shirt repeat as required. Do the passenger first. You’ll do a better job on the second one... Good luck

Quick Reply: Removing Fact. Stickers and Dealership Stickers