Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Replacing Carpet ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 03:13 AM

Replacing Carpet ?

I have really worn my carpet in my two years of use , and am looking for a replacement . Where can I find such a thing (other than going to GM Directly) ?
Old 02-02-2009, 09:54 AM

Find a low mileage one in the wreckers
Old 02-02-2009, 10:25 AM

I got the carpet kit for my Chevelle from these folks....

---> http://www.stockinteriors.com/

Good prices and quick shipping. I did not look up the HHR tho...

Cajun / Al

P.S. Never mind...they do not list the HHR...Sorry
Old 02-22-2009, 09:03 AM

i HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR NEW CARPETS..i ACTUALLY SPILLED BLEACH ON MINE SO IT LOOKS REALLY BAD. tHE DEALER IS TOO EXPENSIVE. i TRIED
http://www.stockinteriors.com LIKE CAJUN SAID AND THEY DONT HAVE IT. BUT I SENT THEM MY INFO SO THAT WHEN THEY DO HAVE IT THEY WILL CONTACT ME
Old 02-22-2009, 10:14 AM

Carpet from the dealer is not to bad. I got ebony carpet for an 07 for 210.00 which I didn't think was to expensive. So far I haven't found it anywhere else and I don't think if anyone dose make it they will not be any cheaper. Good luck
Old 02-22-2009, 04:16 PM

I was actually at PepBoys today and they have a "do it yourself" carpet that wasnt expensive at all...but it was only the carpet, nothing else which might become an issue later on in the installation lol. $210 doesnt sound bad at all
Old 02-22-2009, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by RobsTurtleHHR
I was actually at PepBoys today and they have a "do it yourself" carpet that wasnt expensive at all...but it was only the carpet, nothing else which might become an issue later on in the installation lol. $210 doesnt sound bad at all
The HHR has, as most cars do now, a molded carpet, the DIY kits won't fit well to the more complex floorpan shapes. I did an old Ford with a kit made of cut flat parts, it fitted well, for the most part, to a floorpan with no lumps apart from the trans tunnel, but wouldn't sit well around the front wheel well bumps and pedal area.
Probably in a few years once the HHR starts to get on in years, and carpets start to wear (mine's scuffing next to the clutch pedal already), aftermarket manufacturers will consider a mold for these, but I wouldn't try to fit flat carpet to it.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:55 PM

i agree

Originally Posted by pg318
The HHR has, as most cars do now, a molded carpet, the DIY kits won't fit well to the more complex floorpan shapes. I did an old Ford with a kit made of cut flat parts, it fitted well, for the most part, to a floorpan with no lumps apart from the trans tunnel, but wouldn't sit well around the front wheel well bumps and pedal area.
Probably in a few years once the HHR starts to get on in years, and carpets start to wear (mine's scuffing next to the clutch pedal already), aftermarket manufacturers will consider a mold for these, but I wouldn't try to fit flat carpet to it.
i would stay away from the diy kit. jc whitney ussually has a few carpets. i don't uderstand why there are not more aftermarket parts for the hhr since they been making them 4 years. i made a carpet for a 1969 torino , it was not easy, but it was cheap.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by ballplr
Carpet from the dealer is not to bad. I got ebony carpet for an 07 for 210.00 which I didn't think was to expensive. So far I haven't found it anywhere else and I don't think if anyone dose make it they will not be any cheaper. Good luck

Thats weird i called about the carpet and they told me 600 at the dealer i am not sure if they were including labor with that price i am going to have to call again...did you install it yourself?