Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

SS front bumper kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 07:41 PM

SS front bumper kit

just thought i'd share this, i know SS bumper conversions have been discussed before, but this is the first "Kit" i have seen. check out DragTimes or search eBay for "HHR SS Bumper"

Old 05-03-2011, 08:08 PM

Nice Find
Old 05-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Premium Member

I hope I never need one, but that's it, even has the outside clip mounts, cool :cowboy

Hey I found Bob working on ebay looking good.
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Parts-Ac...5.l1513&_pgn=1
Old 05-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Banned

The kit is also $870 btw FWIW. Tax return next year I might just do this! Get it paint matched and install it, and get the same thing done for the rear. If i am feeling so ambitious. That or upgrading engine parts, and tuning!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Premium Member

Or trade for an SS the price is coming down, oh that may not be good,they aren't radar proof.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Rest In Peace

Had that in my ebay watch list for months now.

Thanks for Blabbing about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjjkPXJ5yQE

Now they may Never Drop the price if it actually starts selling.

I was watching it and waiting for a price Drop on it, if it dropped enough I was gonna snag one and then let it be known.

Oh well, i'll keep it in my list, but it ain't worth 850.00(to me) and still gotta buy the fogs plus whatever else to do it complete. Then get the rear to match. Plus Painting.

And now the LS/LT bumpers are out in the aftermarket, suppliers have them for a song, (Cheap) I most likely will buy a set of them and just eliminate the humps out of them for Alot less.

Reports are, the Quality is high, and they fit Very Well.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Deceased

I guess its my age or something, but why turn your HHR into something its not, wasn't built as an SS so it isn't an SS...no matter how many bits and pieces you bolt on. If you're gonna find some horse power under the hood, that's great, but why become another wanna be?

Its like the Ricer Boys slapping "Type R" badges on everything, and I mean everything, did you know that Saturn made an "Ion Type R with VTEC"? I didn't either until I saw one in Charlotte last week.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:06 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by 843de
I guess its my age or something, but why turn your HHR into something its not, wasn't built as an SS so it isn't an SS...no matter how many bits and pieces you bolt on. If you're gonna find some horse power under the hood, that's great, but why become another wanna be?

Its like the Ricer Boys slapping "Type R" badges on everything, and I mean everything, did you know that Saturn made an "Ion Type R with VTEC"? I didn't either until I saw one in Charlotte last week.
Myself, I DON"T want to make a sudo "SS" afterall a 4 banger will NEVER be an SS in my eyes. A True SS has a V-8. IMO. You CAN'T ever get that V-8 sound or feel from a 4 banger.
I could have bought an SS if I really wanted one.

The ONLY reason i'd put "SS" HHR bumpers on my Panel would be to eliminate those "bumper guards" the LS/LT's have moulded in. And the SS version would save the work in cutting them out, cutting up pieces to fit in place, heat welding them in, smoothing that out then priming and painting, they would be a paint and bolt on part.

I like my fog lights better than the SS bumpers and I like the bumper being Flat across the front instead of the dip the SS one takes for it's grille, I Like a Chrome grille much better than a painted one any day. Do they offer a Chrome SS grille even?

I just don't like the 4 squared bumper humps.

And now that places like Certi Fit are now selling aftermarket bumpers and the prices are very reasonable, I may just buy a set next year and customize them to my liking at a huge Savings over the SS bumpers that arent available aftermarket yet, if ever, And really arent what I want anyways.

Smoothing the 4 humps is just more work and time consuming, but would give me the Exact look I do want. So most likely that is the route I will go.

I was just bustin lunchboxs chops is all for being a Blabbermouth.

In a Fun spirited way with the old Honeymooners clip.

Theyd have to Drop that Kit price by over Half for me to buy it.
I'd rather use that $870.00 Plus the extra shipping costs(they are not even listing the actual cost of the shipping on ebay, it just says "varies"), towards a Blower for my 2.4.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by American & Proud
Myself, I DON"T want to make a sudo "SS" afterall a 4 banger will NEVER be an SS in my eyes. A True SS has a V-8. IMO. You CAN'T ever get that V-8 sound or feel from a 4 banger.
But the first 1964/65 Chevelle 283 SS's were only rated at 220 HP So how come a more powerful 4 banger will never be an SS??? HMMMM Or would you not consider the 1st Chevy SS's not true SS's because the HHR SS will out run them in every way?

Now understand I'm a long time V8 guy and own a 65 289 225hp Mustang fastback. So I love a good old V8 but the HHR as a whole trumps most SS's. GM would drop big horsepower and not much else into the SS back in the day. Where as the HHR SS is a pretty well rounded ride.

And lastly all the V8's I've shown my tail pipe to and say WTF sure think the SS badge is deserving on the HHR.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by celblazer
But the first 1964/65 Chevelle 283 SS's were only rated at 220 HP So how come a more powerful 4 banger will never be an SS??? HMMMM Or would you not consider the 1st Chevy SS's not true SS's because the HHR SS will out run them in every way?

Now understand I'm a long time V8 guy and own a 65 289 225hp Mustang fastback. So I love a good old V8 but the HHR as a whole trumps most SS's. GM would drop big horsepower and not much else into the SS back in the day. Where as the HHR SS is a pretty well rounded ride.

And lastly all the V8's I've shown my tail pipe to and say WTF sure think the SS badge is deserving on the HHR.
A&P has made it pretty clear that he doesn't like HHR SSes, for whatever the reasons...that's fine, to each their own, there's plenty of drivers who flat-out don't like HHRs of any kind, period.

Quick Reply: SS front bumper kit