Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Triple Lakes Installed- CJ's HHR

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 05:14 PM
Deceased

Thumbs up Triple Lakes Installed- CJ's HHR

Got the triple lakes installed i got this morning looking for a visor
2 in around and if i decide to hook up a cut out to them i will have to change where they are because the pipes turn up or take it down and have it bent down and i dont know if they can do that

i like the way they look so far. it was raining and i will get a better shot from the side when it quits raining.

Last edited by cj krause; 04-30-2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:16 PM

Looking good CJ!
Old 04-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Banned

So far? You don't sound too confident in the new mod CJ. They look good.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:49 PM

keep us updated CJ, looks good by the way, youll get used to them.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:26 PM

That is a great addition to an allready great looking HHR C.J.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:50 PM

they look great CJ
Old 04-28-2006, 07:55 PM
Deceased

im not disappointed, i think they look great, just some issues trying to make them functional which i will do sooner or later, probably by next weekend

the front of the lake pipe angles up to make the back end level which is great for getting it out of the way if they are not to be used but i will need to lower them below the running boards about 1/2 to 1 and inch to get them connected to a cut out and prob have to bend the front of the pipe and angle it down to be able to connect it.

i am ordering a electric cutout to actually use the cutouts at shows and run straight exhaust which i think will sound cool,,, may hurt performance but will sound cool

the company that i am buying the cutouts from is going to put Shaggy on their site w the pipes on it
wow, just looked and it is on there and he is going to add the pic w the car w the pipes
http://www.racereadyperformance.com/...log/index.html
Old 04-28-2006, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by cj krause
im not disappointed, i think they look great, just some issues trying to make them functional which i will do sooner or later, probably by next weekend

the front of the lake pipe angles up to make the back end level which is great for getting it out of the way if they are not to be used but i will need to lower them below the running boards about 1/2 to 1 and inch to get them connected to a cut out and prob have to bend the front of the pipe and angle it down to be able to connect it.

i am ordering a electric cutout to actually use the cutouts at shows and run straight exhaust which i think will sound cool,,, may hurt performance but will sound cool

the company that i am buying the cutouts from is going to put Shaggy on their site w the pipes on it
wow, just looked and it is on there and he is going to add the pic w the car w the pipes
http://www.racereadyperformance.com/...log/index.html
Looks great CJ. I am interested in seening how the straight pipe hookup works. Many years ago my father had a Henry J with a straight pipe from a glass pack muffler. It sounded like an airplane when He backed off of it.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:29 PM

Looking very good CJ!
If you could post a sound clip when it's done.
I think it would sound very cool.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:14 PM

I checked out the electric cutouts. They are not cheap. By the way, you dont really need it, since the lake pipes already have caps that would need to be removed to make them functional. Just get some gasket material and cut out some gaskets for under the plates, and they should seal fine. Then, if they are still available, get some Dzus fastners to hold the plates on. Each one removes with just 1/4 turn. I used three of them on a cut-out system I designed on my Datsun 280-Z. I had a y-pipe to the muffler, and to a header collector. I attached a solid plate to close the exhust, removed the plate for open headers, and a variety of plates with different numbers of holes in it to adjust the sound level. And with the Dzus fastners, I could open my exhaust in under 60 seconds (at traffic lights, for example).

In fact, I may do a similar set up when I install my muffler.

Quick Reply: Triple Lakes Installed- CJ's HHR