Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust
View Poll Results: Which Two Tone would you choose?
Amethyst Over Candy Green
5.71%
Amethyst Over Candy Red
2.86%
Amethyst Over Candy Gold
5.71%
Amethyst Over Daytona Blue
11.43%
Amethyst Over Purple
22.86%
Amethyst Over Teal
2.86%
Some other option PLEASE
34.29%
I hate Two Tone color schemes
14.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Two Tone Choices

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 05:30 PM

Two Tone Choices

Which Two Tone would you choose?

The images are in the Gallery. I am too newb to figure out how to place them in line with this text....
Old 04-20-2006, 05:56 PM

That's a tough one...
Old 04-20-2006, 06:21 PM
Banned

I'm not really a fan of amethyst but if I had to choose I would say go dark. Maybe black and amethyst? Amethyst is a hard color to think of what other color would go with it. I like booksmitty's pearl ghost flames over amethyst.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Deceased

Metallic Pearl would be an awesome color but it is not a cheap color.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:26 PM

dont know, how about Datona Blue with sliverstone on top with a lime green pin stripe?
Old 04-20-2006, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I'm not really a fan of amethyst but if I had to choose I would say go dark. Maybe black and amethyst?
Ooooooohhhh! Yeah! What CH said; black-n-amethyst sounds good!
Or even Dark Metallic silver with a silver pinstripe separating the two.

Just a thought...
Old 04-20-2006, 08:18 PM

I kinda like the amethyst and purple idea as long as it's the right shade of purple since amythyst is almost a purple too. I'd prefer the two colors be close to each other sorta like ghost flames are.

20 + years ago I had Ron's paint and body in Pensacola do my 71 Vette in a black diamond with a solid black stripe down the center "Tee'd" accross the tail. When I told him about my color choices he said I was nuts because you would hardly be able to see the black stripe. I had him do it anyway against his better judgment. When I went to pick up my car he had it sitting in the center of his show room. There were about a dozen people surrounding the car just looking at it. When I got up to the car some of them made comments of how beautiful it looked and they all loved the un-intrusive stripe. They mostly liked the fact that it created a double take, kinda like..... "Is that a stripe?" WOW it is. And once you realized there was a there it made you smile. To this day Ron still has some photos of it in his book and show's it off when ever he get's a chance. Ron Brown is a great body man and painter, we met when we were stationed together in the Navy and have been friends ever since although I've moved away. But when ever I do see him he still comments about how I (not a pro body guy) taught him (a pro body guy) something about color combination matching. He's never forgot it, I've since seen some of his creations based on the same concept. Looking good Ron

Now I've just got to think of something along those lines to do to the HHR.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:26 PM

Black and Amethyst sounds good or either a real dark metallic green and Amethyst two tone. Amethyst to Purple would be interesting if you went into a fade or blending paint job where the purple would gradually change into the Amethyst as you went down the car possibly ending in a medium to light silver metallic.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by txsman2930
Black and Amethyst sounds good or either a real dark metallic green and Amethyst two tone. Amethyst to Purple would be interesting if you went into a fade or blending paint job where the purple would gradually change into the Amethyst as you went down the car possibly ending in a medium to light silver metallic.
I have the same color and think this is a very good choice. Fading the Amethyst to purple sound like that could work.
I had the wife the photos she did not care for the 2 tone, once I told her this she agreed.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:03 AM

Cool

Use white pearl & clear mix to give a lighter look. That's what is used to get Ghost Flames.
You can feather the line edge of the paint heavier as the end of my flames are done to give it some definition. Then 3 clear coats.

Just an idea.

Quick Reply: Two Tone Choices