Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Ultra White Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 12:43 AM

Ultra White Headlights

Has anybody used these from truckshop.com? Are they worth the money? Are they really brighter than factory and do they give the look like the more expensive Lexus or BMW's have?

http://www.truckshop.com/home.php?cat=889
Old 03-25-2007, 12:48 AM

I have a problem with people thinking I have my brights on when I dont with the stock lights. The ultras would just make the problem worse.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:28 AM

I put a similar product on my Sidekick and while they provide a much clearer light, I do get to sample other driver's high beams as they think I am the forgetful one!
Old 03-25-2007, 08:01 AM

I don't know about those bulbs,but I am sold on Sylvania Silverstars.I have used them in my last three vehicles and the light is whiter and brighter than the stock bulbs I replaced.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by sjssk
I have a problem with people thinking I have my brights on when I dont with the stock lights. The ultras would just make the problem worse.
Your lights are adjustable up and down.Please refer to your owners manual as to the correct procedure.Mine were too high from the factory so I adjusted them and now they are right and the "other people flashing their brights" problem is gone.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:08 AM

I also have Sylvania Silverstars in the head & fogs. They work very well
Old 03-25-2007, 08:12 AM

I live the silverstars!!!

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/appearance-modifications-discussions-6/silverstar-replacement-bulbs-going-5042/
Old 03-25-2007, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by sjssk
AMEN TO THAT! I get flashed all the time with the factory installed lights. I don't need any brighter.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:59 AM

Let them flash me, I like and need the added brightness. Silverstars on mine!
Old 03-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey jawhawker, regarding your questions on these lights. They are similar to the Silverstar and other aftermarket bulbs in that they appear more white/blue light. Overall light output is not increased over stock. The light may look brighter because it is more white like daylight and less yellow. No replacement bulb will actually increase light output unless it increases wattage. As you increase wattage you also increase heat and reduce bulb life, and can cause problems because stock lamp housings and wiring were not designed for it.

If you want your headlights to look and perform like a Lexus or BMW, then you would need to change to a true HID light source. It is an entirely different technology, the light is produced by an arc rather than a filament. If you want to approximate the look you can run these or other aftermarket bulbs. If you want the true output and performance then the only way to get that is to run a real HID.

Quick Reply: Ultra White Headlights