Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

(Un) Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 02:28 AM

(Un) Accessories

Only because they are things I would like to see/have but as of yet, haven't/don't.

Matching lower bumper grill. It would be nice to find one that is similar in design to the stock hood grill. The aftermarkets look nice, but they only match the aftermarket hood grill they sell with it. I want to keep my stock
hood grill, and I want a lower bumper grill to match.

Chrome/satin -or- body colored front black bumper plate. The stock looks OK on a black car (duh) but on the other colors it stands out oddly. I nice chrome/satin or color keyed replacement piece is in order.

Clear side markers -and/or- headlamps. Self explainatory.

Running board trim/Back bumper cover trim. Once again, chrome/satin would really look good in these areas as well.

Tail lights. Someone elsewhere had mentioned trim rings for those. Guards also might be a nice option.

Gas tank door. Chrome/satin/ LOCKING!

Antennae. Just about anything here would be an improvement.

Decals. Surely someone can develop some nice looking decals/flames/striping for this car. It's begging for it.

OK guys/gals, what else?

jerij
Old 12-09-2005, 06:17 AM
Banned

Turn signal mirrors
Smoked headlights and tail lights
Dual exhaust
Billet door sill plates
Billet knobs and switches for the inside
Billet front grill designed after the stock grill
Billet running board and bumper inserts
Billet door handles
Billet mirror skull caps

SoCalHHR has billet shorty antennas in his store (I ordered mine today)
Vinyl decals are pretty generic and I'm sure you can find plenty of designs that will work with the HHR. I already have vinyl ghost flames for mine. Pinstripe tape can be bought at any local auto parts store.

Last edited by captain howdy; 12-09-2005 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:04 AM

I agree on the Grill, I want to keep stock grill, and want to fill lower with matching bars. The SEMA custom done by Godfathers Customs, did theirs that way. I guess since I am in Atl, where they are, I should check if they are thinking of producing. I also, thought about buying the one that was advertised by a member her, he had removed his stock and was selling. I was going to modify for lower, just two of the bars. It was satin, though and my grill is chrome, plus was not sure I could nicely modify.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:33 AM

Parts I would make would be:

Different Door Handel's
Blackouts for the Taillights.
Different style headlights/Lamps
Alt Automatic shifters
Differet leather inserts for the auto shifter
Different style running boards
Other rear spoliers
Flat Rear bumper
Dual Exaust kits with the Factory Crome Tips
Old 12-09-2005, 12:12 PM

Smile Accessories

I've always wanted the spoiler and running boards.
The dual exhaust would be nice or one that comes up the middle like one of the customs has, but that would require a whole new rear bumper cover.
The HHR headrest emblems I saw on Ebay are nice.
Different tailights might be nice if they were also retro like Caddy bullets, Impala lenses from a 58, etc.
The possibilities are endless. If you went to teh site for the visor that the member was complaining about, they show a ton of things that have been done by PT owners.
Old school wheels, like Keystone Klassics would be nice!
Old 12-09-2005, 12:41 PM

Well you one full year from now there will be more HHR custom parts and more HHR custom rides
Old 12-09-2005, 06:16 PM

I'm sure about the upcoming year producing a wealth of parts/accessories. I've had a Toyota RAV where there are basically no customizing parts, so the HHR is gonna be great. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before we have TOO much to choose from (which will be nice).

Hopefully someone somewhere is reading these posts but more than likely they are ahead of us already!

jerij
Old 12-09-2005, 07:05 PM

I saw on that PT crusier site they had old school tailight fin's. That would be something on the HHR.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by jerij
Hopefully someone somewhere is reading these posts but more than likely they are ahead of us already! jerij
Yep!
Old 12-09-2005, 11:11 PM

For the antenna, it's the same fit as a VW, and many others. I just bought a shorty chrome one off eBay today.

Quick Reply: (Un) Accessories