Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Visor stickers

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Krejaton
It actually is a violation to cover or remove those government issued stickers and I worry for each of you that chooses to do so. With the heightened alert status of our nation, the governmental agency that oversees the covering of those necessary warning stickers has also ratcheted up their efforts to stop Americans from covering their warning labels. There are now increased penalties and fines for this behavior, so be careful.
Now I'm doing it for sure.

Signed - "Rebellious Problem Child"
Old 03-17-2006, 12:46 PM

i vote to do it!
Old 03-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by O6ChevyHHR
i vote to do it!
Yeah I like to do it also.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:04 PM

I am telling you, the goverment had them put there for a reason. It is that same agency that beats you down for removing the tags from your mattress.

About a decade ago it happened to a friend of mine--they caught him for removing his mattress tags. Ten years later he still can't talk about it, what they did to him. He still has an irrational fear of water and to this day his wife has to bathe him with baby wipes.

Don't do it, they will know...and when they are find you, they're gonna skin ya.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:08 PM

lmao!!
Old 03-17-2006, 02:23 PM

The turn this thread is taking reminds me of something I saw that reflects a strong belief of mine....

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for it, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
-source unknown
Old 03-17-2006, 02:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JoeR
The turn this thread is taking reminds me of something I saw that reflects a strong belief of mine....

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for it, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
-source unknown
LOL, Good point! That's why they keep trying to stick more and more safety labels on products. One of my particular favorites is when you buy a cup of coffee from a place like McDonalds and the cup actually says,"Caution contents hot!". NO S**T!
Old 03-17-2006, 03:42 PM

ehh, it's just a little practice us military folks like to call C.Y.A. - Cover Your... ahem... "Rear". just an attempt to keep lawsuits at a minimum; can't sue if they wrote on the product exactly what not to do...
Old 03-18-2006, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
LOL, Good point! That's why they keep trying to stick more and more safety labels on products. One of my particular favorites is when you buy a cup of coffee from a place like McDonalds and the cup actually says,"Caution contents hot!". NO S**T!
how many dumb a** people sued McD's for coffee burning them or for the pickle on the hamburger burning their mouth. It is ridiculous that people could be that stupid and actually get paid for it. come on WTF, my dad has spilled a nice fresh hot cup of McDs joe in his lap before, instead of sueing them he spanked my brother and sister because they caused him to spill it.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:06 AM

My favorite is those little microwave pizzas that come packaged with the silver coated cardboard tray that you heat it up on. On the backside it actually says not to eat the tray! While microwave pizza does taste very similar to cardboard, I think most reasonable people can tell the difference between the food and the package. I think if you are dumb enough to eat the tray, then you deserve whatever side effects come your way.

Oh... to stay on topic, I'm glad there will be several options available for me to cover those when I get my HHR.

Quick Reply: Visor stickers