Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Window Trim

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 08:41 AM

Window Trim

Is anyone else having the black window trim turning color? Seems mine has some sort of white stuff showing. Anyone have a suggestion on how to clean this up?
Old 10-11-2006, 08:50 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by Just-Ron
Is anyone else having the black window trim turning color? Seems mine has some sort of white stuff showing. Anyone have a suggestion on how to clean this up?
Could it possibly be wax? When's the last time you had yours waxed?
Old 10-11-2006, 09:40 AM

Clean it with this........

Back to Black®

As your ride's exterior ages, rubber, plastic and vinyl exterior hardware of all colors will dry, crack, flake and deteriorate. This oxidation can be stopped and reversed with Mothers® Back-to-Black®, our favorite auto-care concoction. This trim treatment is great for all sorts of exterior hardware in all colors-bumpers, molding, louvers, window trim, vents, seals, skirts, door handles, wiper arms-anything that's plastic, rubber or vinyl. Apply Back-to-Black® to sun-burnt plastic, rubber and vinyl to revive the factory-new sheen, then re-treat that exterior hardware regularly.

You can get it at Wal-Mart, among other retailers. I usually use Megiuar's products, but this stuff works great.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
Clean it with this........

Back to Black®

As your ride's exterior ages, rubber, plastic and vinyl exterior hardware of all colors will dry, crack, flake and deteriorate. This oxidation can be stopped and reversed with Mothers® Back-to-Black®, our favorite auto-care concoction. This trim treatment is great for all sorts of exterior hardware in all colors-bumpers, molding, louvers, window trim, vents, seals, skirts, door handles, wiper arms-anything that's plastic, rubber or vinyl. Apply Back-to-Black® to sun-burnt plastic, rubber and vinyl to revive the factory-new sheen, then re-treat that exterior hardware regularly.

You can get it at Wal-Mart, among other retailers. I usually use Megiuar's products, but this stuff works great.

Could not agree with you more this product works great , I also use Megiuar's products and find Wal-mart to be the cheapest place to purchase car care products...
Old 10-11-2006, 10:15 AM

I'm with Firewatcher on this one. That stuff works great and brings back the new car color after application.

My boyfriend who details cars for a living says that it's normal. All the chemicals in products we use to wash our cars and rays from the sun take the "blush" out. This product brings it back to life...Great stuff and just another reason to shop at Walmart...good products and great prices.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:33 AM

Yep my trim does that too im going to buy a bottle of that back to black and try it out.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:37 PM

Thanks much for the help, I'm on my way to the Auto Parts house. Santa Barbara doesn't have a Walmart, can't aford the rent here!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Just-Ron
Thanks much for the help, I'm on my way to the Auto Parts house. Santa Barbara doesn't have a Walmart, can't aford the rent here!!!
There is actually a place without Wal-Mart? I'm stunned!!
Old 10-11-2006, 07:41 PM

Another mothers back to black user here. I love it. Works great on the running board tread peices and the black part of the mirrors. Also use it on the black plastic bumper insert in the front.