Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

6.2" touch, GPS, DVD,.... Ordered today

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 11:09 PM

I have a question for the others that have the china in dash DVD, Navi, stereo. Does your unit do the following, Have to re-select GPS, Navi, wait for loading, press "I Agree", wait for more loading, everytime you turn the ignition off and back on? I can't stand this anymore. Its a several minute process every time I get back in the car. I don't use GPS locally, but we went to St.Louis last month and I used it for a destination I had never been to before. The navigation worked perfect while driving, the lane management is awesome once your in a six or eight lane metro area freeway and don't know which side the next ramp exits off from. But every time we stop and turn the car off, get back in and go through the menus and the "I Agree" and the loading. I can't believe it doesn't stay on the map. Once when the car was only turned off for a very short time, it stayed on the map when turned back on. I'm beginning to wonder if the 12v constant wire on the wire harness interface is mislabled and its actually the dome light battery saver circut (dead after 30-40 minutes). But the clock doesn't lose any time.

Another thing I don't like is if I leave a DVD or CD in the player, it will auto start playing the disc when turned back on no matter what you had the unit on when car turned off. If switch from disc to radio, turn the car off, turn car back on and the disc starts playing. I can't find anything in the settings, so I have to eject the disc if I want it to stay on radio or ipod.

A general statement about rear view back up cameras. If your camera only comes on with reverse lights, you don't need a infared camera. The reverse lights on the car will wash out the image. I've been meaning to cover infared with electrical tape to test if that makes night time image better and if so I can open up the camera and de-solder the photo cell.

Thanks,