Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Another Victim

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 08:43 AM

Another Victim

Yep, my Haunted Hell Ride got broken into on Thursday night. The scumbag smashed my front passenger's side window and grabbed my XM receiver and mount--AND the owner's manual from the glovebox. Yes, I left the receiver in sight, but I was parked in full view in front of the bar I was at(being that smokers are constantly out on the front steps)-and he had the balls to do it while people were out there which is why he was chased (unfortunately he had a ride waiting for him to speed off). Anyway, I am pissed that the alarm? does not sound as a deterrent for break ins outside of opening the door(which i've read about already), but my dealer even said that they can break a window and manually unlock the door and the alarm won't sound. He also noted the pains of installing an aftermarket alarm which I see is talked about quite a bit here, though I am considering it. Its cool that its more difficult to steal the car itself(though its not exactly worth it aside from joyriders, I would assume), but it really sucks that I can't keep anything (LIKE AN OWNER'S MANUAL) in the car without it being easily taken. I will be "tampering" with the car/alarm when I get my car back to see exactly what thieves are capable of getting away with without setting off the alarm.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:05 AM

Sorry to hear of this.
Unfortunately if someone wants your stuff, they will get it . Just the way of the world.

To bad we cannot lay traps that would really hurt the scumbuckets like sawblades shooting up from a door when the window get broken. Hmm, but imagine that going off accidentally with your arm out the widow driving
I guess its better to just take what we want with us. but the OWNER"S MANUAL? that's a new low. What do they need it for, to study how to break into an HHR?

Ballsy to do it in front o f people too. They were smokers so they could not put up a good chase..............
Old 12-01-2007, 09:23 AM

Very sorry to hear about the damage to your ride.
And what complete moron would steal something like that? They probably thought it was a Nav device. Maybe when they read the owner's manual, they'll realize that the XM receiver is worthless. Report it stolen to XM- it has a user ID that I'm sure XM will permanently disable.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by HHR_ROX_CALI
Very sorry to hear about the damage to your ride.
And what complete moron would steal something like that? They probably thought it was a Nav device. Maybe when they read the owner's manual, they'll realize that the XM receiver is worthless. Report it stolen to XM- it has a user ID that I'm sure XM will permanently disable.
Thanx, yes I already notified XM, and even the cop said they probably thought it was mistaken for a GPS. As for the owner's manual, i'm guessing its either to learn more about the alarm(s) and stuff, or since they only reached in they may have mistaken it for something of value because of its feel. Who knows. Just picked up my baby and she's better now. The funny part is that I have maybe $5.00 in change in the console and a prescription for oxycodine in the glovebox that was viewable that was untouched. Hahaha. My main concern is/was the window, and its fixed now...can't say the same of my mental state, though, but that was really damaged already. LOL!
Old 12-01-2007, 12:48 PM

Sorry to hear about this. Did you happen to take any pictures?
Old 12-04-2007, 12:36 AM

go to any car audio shop up there and ask for an autopage fa-110

http://www.autopageusa.com/t_inside....b-b5e72dd77333
Old 12-04-2007, 11:14 AM

Sorry to hear that.

Make sure you call XM and report that radio as stolen. By doing that, they will deactivate the radio and no one else will be able to activate it.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:29 AM

Sorry to hear about your luck.

Originally Posted by Brewer13
, I am pissed that the alarm? does not sound as a deterrent for break ins outside of opening the door(which i've read about already), but my dealer even said that they can break a window and manually unlock the door and the alarm won't sound.
I know on a Cobalt, if the door is locked and you unlock it from the inside (this case window was down some), the "alarm" does indeed go off.

I thought the HHR was the same.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by solman98
Sorry to hear about your luck.

I know on a Cobalt, if the door is locked and you unlock it from the inside (this case window was down some), the "alarm" does indeed go off.

I thought the HHR was the same.
I actually tried this after I got 'er back, and it seemed like if I used the FOB to lock it and manually pulled the door lock up and opened the door, the alarm did not go off, but if I locked the door manually and opened the door it did sound, so I don't know what to think.