Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Audio System Build Log

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 10:13 PM

Update four

Originally Posted by Father Azmodius
T47 sticks out, but I may be wrong. It's been a couple years since I swapped out my seats.
Big thanks to Azmodius. I stopped at autozone asked for a t47 and asked to test fit it before buying. When I explaned what it was for the manager said "No you need this one." as he handed me a T55. I went out to the HHR with both in hand .

When I came back inside I had a huge smile on my face as I told the manager "My guy on the internet was right." He looked offended.

Any way more pics and stuff.

That Center Pillar ain't no punk. But we got it off.

Now I can hide that 0 gauge Power.

My son put a hand in removing the spare. And tucking some RCA's.

And yes that is the face you get when you ask a 13 year old to smile.

Now this is the next road block. Designing the amp rack. Also I would like any tips removing the center screw. I do not want to cut it out. I may redo the amp rack at a later date and or want a spare. But for now I want them down here.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:50 PM

Done well almost.

At least everything is in now and playing. A few more changes to make to finish the project. I plan to do a custom Amp rack. I have not been able to get a hold of a router to do that so, I chopped up my old amp rack from my old car and used pieces of it temporarily.

I also plan to replace the door speaker wire from front to back. ATM I am tapped into the factory wiring. Except for the tweets.

Rear door speakers arrived woot.

For now stealth mount on the tweets. Going to eventually use the swivel flush mounts. But I didn't have the right size hole saw.

A woofer comparison. The rear alpine SPR-60's sandwiching a stock woofer.

I cheated because I don't have enough speaker wire to do the whole car. So tapped into factory wireing for now.

SPR-60

SPR-60C woofer.

Fish tape helped tremendously fishing wire thru the door jams.

Mounted front door

Old 10-04-2012, 06:58 PM

Still going.

Clean up the metal for a better ground. No paint for me.

Again I cheated on the door speakers for now. I did not have enough good speaker wire laying around to replace all the runs so. I will do that later when I pull all the panels for sound deadener.

Got RCA's?

Again this is temporary custom amp rack coming down the pipe.

Type X 12 custom built box by me. Tuned to roughly 30hz. **** slams. I got accused of running 2 15's today at a stop light.

Daughter caught me making a little more room behind the dash for the RCA's also plan on upgradeing to the IVE-W535HD head unit at some point. Maybe at Christmas or tax time.

Well **** sounds good. Loud and clean. All speakers and HU are alpine. I love it. I will update when the new amp rack is complete and when the sound deadener is put in.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:20 AM

color match bow ties

Color matched my bow ties.