Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Front Mid & Tweet replacement question?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by hugheshhr
I know all about answering to the misses. Mine had me under lock and key for a while when it came to spending on car audio. But now I have a decent job and she cant fuss about bein broke she gets her toys and I get mine.
Lol! I have the money but I still have to run it by the boss first And to make matters worse I told her that I was going to leave this car alone and 4 weeks later I'm already buying speakers! lmao
Old 03-02-2008, 07:56 PM

Ok, but how did you get from the crossover to the midbass/midrange in the door? That's where i get lost? That's why I want to figure out where they split it off at, so I don't have to run a new wire through the door.
It's been a while but if I remember I pulled the original tweeter wires down to the kick panels or door sill where they and the door speaker wires split at the OEM wiring. I ran new cable from each door sill/kick panel to each end of the dash to the input to my crossovers, then new cables to the new tweeters. From the crossover new wire back down and tied back into door speaker wiring behind the kick panels, before the door multi transit plug. Sounds like allot but it was only about six feet of wire total per side. Soldered and used shrink tube on all connections.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:44 PM

SWEET! You are a life saver! I will look for that. I have to cut wires but at least it's down to the minimum :) Awsome, thanks 50IsCool!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:49 PM

I have been working on my system, and this is what I did. Mine was the premium system, with all of the speaker wires coming from the factory amp in the back of the car. I ran my amp wires to the drivers side rear, access through the panal for the back lights. Then, I unplugged the factory amp and crimped on connectors to the factory speaker wires and marked each one. Then I simply plugged them into the amp output. Hopefully they are heavy enough to handle the power somewhat efficiently.

I am considering running separates for the front, and plan on mounting the crossover in the back panal, utilizing the factory wires for the door speakers and running new wires for the tweeters.