Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Got my Nav and stuff!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 03:45 PM

Any luck on tapping into the GPS antenna and OnStar mic?

On the volume issue, I thought the GMOS-LAN04 adapter had a volume adjustment. Any luck with that?
Old 08-06-2008, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Chris-HHR
Any luck on tapping into the GPS antenna and OnStar mic?

On the volume issue, I thought the GMOS-LAN04 adapter had a volume adjustment. Any luck with that?
Not yet, just mounted the mic in the A-pillar above the boost gauge for now. Haven't taken the car completely apart to locate the GPS antenna yet, but from what I've read, its pretty easy and just needs an extension cable. Haven't had time to tear apart the car completely yet, maybe in a couple months.

The GMOS-LAN04 adapter does have a volume control, but the wire is all the way back there and I'm too lazy to adjust it, not that I actually use onstar or anything :).
Old 08-10-2008, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Tuanies
Yes I have the Pioneer system, it works with it but the volume is quite low so I'm tearing most of the factory equipment out and running my own amps. I haven't been able to program the steering wheel control interface yet, but will get to that eventually.

Did you turn up the gain on the GMOS-LAN-04 ? Mine was really low but turning up the gain made it sound great. Its louder than the stock stereo. And yes I have the Pioneer system.

AUDIO LEVEL ADJUSTMENT
If the audio level is too distorted or way too low under normal listening levels,to
correct this there is a potentiometer on the 14 pin side of the interface.Using a
small screwdriver turn the potentiometer counterclockwise to lower the input sig-
nal,and turn the potentiometer clockwise to raise the input signal.
Note: The chime and turn signal volume will adjust with the audio input.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:15 AM

Hmm never noticed that, too bad I already ran the new amp, but I guess I'll turn it up to bump the sub volume up.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:13 PM

The Pioneer looks nice almost went with it. But I've had Kenwood in almost all my cars so went with the DNX5120. Got the Sirius and Bluetooth hooked up. But still have to add the steering wheels controls, iPod adapter, Garmin Nav Traffic antenna and tap into the XM antenna so I dont have another antenna on the roof. It works great and I love the Garmin Nav.
Attached Images