Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Hazard Switch Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 11:11 AM

Hazard Switch Wiring

so, i have no stock hazard switch, as it's been deleted in the creation of the custom panel XXL made, and i have a switch mounted for it. what i would like to know, is if there is a way to get ahold of the connector that is essentially the same as the bottom of the hazard switch. i don't want to cut into the wiring for the stock switch, because i would like to option to put the stock one back should i choose to revert to the stock panel. so i would like to wire my new switch into a connector so i can simply plug it into to stock plug. does anyone know where i could get factory style connectors, and perhaps what the part number might be for a connector like this? or where i could look to find a part number for a connector like this?
Old 04-26-2011, 01:09 PM

Since the connector plugs directly into the switch, it might be hard to find a male connector to go with that plug. Most simple way to retain the stock connector, would be to use wire taps. The ones that slide onto the existing wire then you put the new wire next to it and it crimps down onto both wires bridging a connections. They are simple to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Deceased

X 2 Just what I was thinking Chevy13, they work well and can be removed easily.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:12 PM

It's what I will use for the illumination wire when I instal my headunit. The hazard wires are the closest to tap that only come on when the lights are on
Old 04-26-2011, 11:36 PM

actually, i pulled my stock switch apart today to look at it, and while i will be sacrificing the switch, i will be slicing it up with a dremel. if anyone has ever looked inside the switch, it's an interesting design. as soon as i can get my DVOM to it, i will figure out exactly what paths run through it and where i need to put wires, i'll solder the wiring to the prongs inside. then if i ever want to go back to stock, i can just buy a new switch, and i'm done.