Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

HHR Noise & Vibration Reduction

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by briand
What a great thread! And its cool to see that it inspired OrangeWhip and hrfreek to do their vehicles. It has certainly made me want to do the spare tire/cargo area at the back.

And the firewall. Its horrible that there is no sound deadening material on the fire wall except the dash and carpets. So much engine and road noise enters from that firewall. Glad to hear that hhrfreek's efforts there drastically cut down the noise.

Thanks, it really Does make a big difference. I am glad others have gone ahead and given it a try and are also pleased with their results.

I took alot of pics so anyone interested would have a pretty good idea on how to go about doing it for their own HHR.

Give it a try you will be amazed.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:55 PM

Installation while the HHR was torn apart kind of reminds me of this:

Name:  LEM.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  57.2 KB
Old 03-21-2012, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by American & Proud
Thanks, it really Does make a big difference. I am glad others have gone ahead and given it a try and are also pleased with their results.

I took a lot of pics so anyone interested would have a pretty good idea on how to go about doing it for their own HHR.
A&P I'm going to shoot you a PM with my e-mail if you have any pointers or extra pictures that may help let me know. Also how difficult was it to reinstall the headliner and did have side airbags under your B Pillar?
I'll be undertaking this project in about a week when my stuff arrives.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by Andy2.0
A&P I'm going to shoot you a PM with my e-mail if you have any pointers or extra pictures that may help let me know. Also how difficult was it to reinstall the headliner and did have side airbags under your B Pillar?
I'll be undertaking this project in about a week when my stuff arrives.

Email sent.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by American & Proud
Oh BTW,

I popped those black rubber caps off of the tops of the Panels rear doors and used a tube of clear silicone to fill in the gap between the two metal sheets I can't get to to put on the audio barrier. I gotta run and get 1 more tube, I ran out as I was about to fill the last hole. (5 in each door were the glass would be if it had glass) I filled them pretty good then popped the rubber caps back on.

Once dry that should give the upper metal some support and help keep the metal quiet.
Yeah man, I did the same on my panel, but I used windshield sealant. It did help, but wasn't that great. I ended up using an air nibbler to cut out the inner layer of sheet metal ( very careful not to damage the outer door skin ), and applied a few layers of deadener. Decided to go with Second Skin brand Alpha Damp and Damplifier Pro, now my panel sounds like a tank Going to do the roof and floor next weekend, and start on my audio installation