Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

HHR Noise & Vibration Reduction

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 04:50 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by OrangeWhip
Today I build a mock-up false floor/box out of Insufoam. I couldn't get a Diamond TDX 12, which is approximately the depth of your Pioneer, to fit, with the spare tire in place. It's about 2" too tall.

All we got is a dual 12 box thats sitting in the stockroom... See if you can get something, unless you wanna get rolling on that custom floor. I can build it out of birch, which would be stronger and lighter than the MDF anyway.

I'm going to be taking that plate with the amps on it out this week, and making something new. So that piece will be in the "up for grabs" pile. I have a solution for getting the OnStar speaker done as well.

Now all I gotta do tomorrow is get the suede for the headliner and pillars.
7.5 on the Pioneer Depth wise.

Pics man PICS!!!

I just nabbed this one and got one day shipping so I will have it on Friday. ($3.99 1 day shipping with Amazon Prime)
I'd like to Hear it sounding good before I build Custom for it, in case I need to upgrade to something else.

Atrend E12Sv B Box Series 12-Inch Single Vented Subwoofer Enclosure

$39.74 Hopefully this is Better than the bandpass box I had on hand.

Give me a call, we will get something set up.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by American & Proud
7.5 on the Pioneer Depth wise.

Pics man PICS!!!

I just nabbed this one and got one day shipping so I will have it on Friday. ($3.99 1 day shipping with Amazon Prime)
I'd like to Hear it sounding good before I build Custom for it, in case I need to upgrade to something else.

Atrend E12Sv B Box Series 12-Inch Single Vented Subwoofer Enclosure

$39.74 Hopefully this is Better than the bandpass box I had on hand.

Give me a call, we will get something set up.

Good deal man. I'm heading out to the garage now to tear down my current install... The rebuild begins today...
Old 08-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Rest In Peace

Good deal man. I'm heading out to the garage now to tear down my current install... The rebuild begins today...
UPS Tracking has it here Friday.

I got the lower section of the rear end back together.
I'll work on a door or two tomorrow while I wait for the new sub box to arrive.

Think i'll need some poly fill ?

Hows your rebuild going?

And where are the Pics dude???

Old 08-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Rest In Peace

The new vented sub box arrived today.

I swapped the 12" Pioneer Sub Woofer out of the Bandpass Box into the Vented Box.

Much Better, but I may even find a smaller box to get even More from it.

I made some Adjustments on the head unit itself and got much better response out of it.

I may get a Bigger Amp for it. I'll look at what else Pioneer has to offer.

Speaker amp is Plenty, they sound Great.

Sounds pretty damn Good now actually.

Name:  628de283.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  51.8 KB

Name:  60a3ea6b.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  53.8 KB

Name:  b2bd5238.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  54.1 KB

Hopefully I will complete the doors over the weekend and can get the door panels all back on.

Then it's time to get my headliner completed and reinstalled.

Then I can dial in some Custom work for the sub woofer and amp rack Stealth oriented. But able to Show it when wanted.

The Vented Sub Box is just Temporary while the Custom stuff is all figured out and completed.

And Thanks again for all your Help on this so far OrangeWhip.

Last edited by American & Proud; 08-06-2011 at 03:07 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:50 AM

Got your message about 5 min ago...

Man, I've been busy as hell at work. This week, I should have most of my stereo out of the car. I'll have that board that I had in there available, and I'll prolly swing by and drop it off.

I'm still working on getting that interior from ya.

Side note, my new audio has been put on hold. Due to some maintenance. Dad showed up with a new SeaDoo, so now, I've gotta get brakes on the HHR, all the way around, stock rear springs, and slap a hitch on it. Cause I wanna get that SeaDoo some use. I've got the hitch and brakes, just waiting on an answer on some springs...

I'll give ya a call tomorrow afternoon, and we can shoot the ****..
Old 08-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Rest In Peace

Got your message about 5 min ago...

Man, I've been busy as hell at work. This week, I should have most of my stereo out of the car. I'll have that board that I had in there available, and I'll prolly swing by and drop it off.

I'm still working on getting that interior from ya.

Side note, my new audio has been put on hold. Due to some maintenance. Dad showed up with a new SeaDoo, so now, I've gotta get brakes on the HHR, all the way around, stock rear springs, and slap a hitch on it. Cause I wanna get that SeaDoo some use. I've got the hitch and brakes, just waiting on an answer on some springs...

I'll give ya a call tomorrow afternoon, and we can shoot the ****..
Hadn't seen you on here or heard from you, thought you were lost in your HHR.

The hitch install is EASY on the HHR's, watch the youtube vids.

Board, the one you have cut to fit the botton tray area?

Brake jobs are also pretty easy, save yourself the labor cash and do them yourself.

The Sea Doo should be a trip, have fun on it.

I have been taking it easy around here and enjoying the audio system , but am back at it getting it all back together.

I swapped out the small pigtail wire we used on the sub woofer for some Kicker 12AWG cable, I bought 20 feet, and changed the long wire to the sub box as well.

That new vented sub box had a Cheap wire connector , looked like a small house speaker kind.
So I swapped it for the one that was in the bandpass box, a much Nicer connector.
Gonna work on the doors some more today and run those 3 foot RCA's under the carpet for the rear headrest monitors and also run the sub control wire under the carpet to the back.

Not sure what else I will get done today, we'll see.

Name:  f8fd91a3.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  38.8 KB

Name:  aa5997c7.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  27.5 KB

Name:  06c9c35a.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  44.0 KB

Name:  9b2ae349.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  73.7 KB

Name:  b2bd5238.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  54.1 KB

Gonna neaten up the amp tray a bit, for now just stash the extra length wires we made available for making the Custom sub woofer install below the floor. I know it's a TEMP. set up, but still want it looking Nice even tho it's all hid for now. I Know it's in there.

Name:  66e87254.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  48.3 KB
Old 08-10-2011, 09:24 AM

A lot of time and MONEY to listedn to music in the HHR, I put a lot in my home system and HD TV 14 pieces of equipment. have fun and enjoy it, have a great day.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by jay loukakis
A lot of time and MONEY to listedn to music in the HHR, I put a lot in my home system and HD TV 14 pieces of equipment. have fun and enjoy it, have a great day.
Thanks, yeah it is, but you can't take it with you as they say. (The Money)

I have a couple home theater systems in the house. Mitsubishi 65" HDTV in my living room with Pioneer Elite and Klipsch surround setup.
A 42" LCD HDTV with surround system setup in the master bedroom, the kids bedrooms each have 32" LCD HDTV's.
Even my Garage has a 32" LCD HDTV that can also sit in back of my Panel for tail gating partying.
And we have directv with the HD DVR's setup, have had directv for 15 years or more, I'd have to ask the wife. I bought the first 2 room setup they sold in a Montgonery Wards store, back then you bought the system then called them.
I have always enjoyed having good music at home and setup up a TV surround system as soon as it was practical, I don't like going to the movie theaters and being ripped off for a Coke and popcorn besides the ticket prices.
I like having my "movie theater" at home and can control the experience to my liking.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Rest In Peace

Hey Brandon (OrangeWhip),

I was checking out an Audio Forum I visit today and a guy was selling some Pioneer items so I bought a brand new in the package Pioneer GEX-P20HD unit.
$50.00 Shipped.
The one on the Left, the open one he is selling with a used AVH-P4200DVD Head Unit.

Name:  f961e481.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  49.8 KB

Old 08-11-2011, 02:51 AM

You're doing damn good with that thing!!!

I've got a B&W/Proceed/SIM2 theater myself. I dig Home Theater. That's why I own that business too.

Scott, Was that tuner on Caraudioclassifieds?

The brakes and hitch are done by none other than myself. I just can't see paying the dealer $340 for brakes. As for the hitch, Class II, and custom made...

Yeah, the board that fits where my lower tray would go...

Side note:

The boat is a SeaDoo Speedster. They said it weighed 1700lbs, but when I went to my favorite truck scale tonight, I got around a 1150lb difference without the boat/trailer.

I hooked it up tonight, and drove around a little bit. My HHR seems to have the nads to pull it. I don't plan on passing on 294, or even going above 65 when towing. Cool thing was that my suspension didn't squat... I wanna see how it does going up the ramp, and if it can do it with no problems, I'll be hanging onto this car for a while.

Quick Reply: HHR Noise & Vibration Reduction