Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

HHR Noise & Vibration Reduction

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 03:11 PM

I've got some of my car taken out for the rebuild. This week, I should have that false floor out, and we can get something going, Scott.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by OrangeWhip
I've got some of my car taken out for the rebuild. This week, I should have that false floor out, and we can get something going, Scott.
Sounds good Brandon.
I can come out your way this time, whatever works for you.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:15 PM

Love how you sealed those holes. Bet it helped a ton with making your mids sound better!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by American & Proud
No, thats OEM Factory installed Foam on the door panels, I am removing the Protrusions that would go into the doors openings that I completely filled in.

I saw your post on that subject on the daily HHR thread, but you must have deleted it before I got a chance wanting to reply to you about it.

I know guys use it between metal panels, and I have known guys using the minimal expanding foams and had Problems with it ending up Bulging out the metal. Mislabeled can, Old shelf stock ? Who knows.

In the upper area of the Panels rear doors that's a pretty large flat area and I did not want to take the chance of it expanding to much and Bulging out the door. (Thin sheet metal on the HHR and new cars in general now days.)

Would have shown like crazy on a Black car.

Thats why I chose to use the clear silicone caulk and inject it into the 5 access holes that are in the upper area of the Panels rear doors, there was no chance of too much expansion, and ruining my doors.

In certain ares it's fine to use the expanding foams, but I felt it was too risky in the upper rear door areas.

Or using the wrong stuff.. There are 2 different types of expanding foam spray. ... one would not hurt anything & is used quite a bit for this sort of thing among other applications..
Old 08-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by ufvj217
Love how you sealed those holes. Bet it helped a ton with making your mids sound better!
Thanks.

Yeah i'd say it's worth going the extra mile to do it right.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by sleeper
Or using the wrong stuff.. There are 2 different types of expanding foam spray. ... one would not hurt anything & is used quite a bit for this sort of thing among other applications..
I mentioned that, by saying Minimal expanding. (different types)

I was just removing the factory used stuff on the back side of the interior door panels so they would fit. Since I have filled in and sealed the access holes.

Either way, I Chose to use something else, that worked just as well, if not better, for my needs.

Use whatever you like. I had no need to use it.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:19 AM
Platinum Member

It's all good man.........
Old 08-18-2011, 06:02 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by sleeper
It's all good man.........
Whatever works right?

Hey OrangeWhip (Brandon)

I picked these Purple LED interior lights for the Custom part of the Audio Build. Should add a nice looking effect.

I have a million color underbody/interior Kit, and a Purple exterior wheel well kit already here to install yet.

What Battery are you running? I am gonna need to Upgrade Real Quick.
Think I will be going Dual Batteries and looking at the CarQuest NGT Extreme AGM battery.
Heard good things about them, none listed for the HHR though.

Compare case size and nab it???

Old 08-18-2011, 08:15 PM

how much was that purple kit?

im looking for some purple leds/neons/cathode tubes for under my rail buggy. its all flat black and i think purple would look badass underneath the chassis
Old 08-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Deceased

Man A&P, this is worse than the night before Christmas when you were five, can't wait to see the finished product. I look forward to every installment, thanks for letting us look over your shoulder.

Quick Reply: HHR Noise & Vibration Reduction