Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

I-pod Interface From GM

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:33 AM

So dealer can install this? Anyone have a pic of the Ipod and the interface?

Thanks!

Goose
Old 08-02-2007, 03:50 PM

It is a dealer install option.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:19 PM

Hello,
I installed my P.A.L today. Took me 2 hr because I was careful to remove all the panels/radio. I had to ref this site to remove the window button switch panel...thanks.

My HHR is a 07 LT1 package and it works fine. The instructions state you need US8 or US9 radio code for it to work. This code can be found in your glove box. Mine was a US8.

The Ipod interface was bigger than I expected, it mounts/velcro to the bottom on the heater cover. Wire lead to radio plug-n-play if you dont have XM like me :) and a single white lead to your ipod either in the top storage box or pax glove box. Instructions give you that choice. I put my iPod lead on the right side of box because my GPS gose on the left.

Also the interface box has 2 - red and white RCA jacks on the side. I can only guess its for AUX input since it dosent state anywhere in the directions what thier purpose is for?

PAL with BIG GM on it.
Name:  IMGP1805.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  82.6 KB

Old ipod...dont care if they steal it :)
Name:  IMGP1806.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  48.9 KB

Craig~
Old 08-02-2007, 08:21 PM

I'd be concerned with my iPod in the upper storage bin. Stuff in there gets pretty hot when the sun is shining.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Pretzel
Hello,
I installed my P.A.L today. Took me 2 hr because I was careful to remove all the panels/radio. I had to ref this site to remove the window button switch panel...thanks.

My HHR is a 07 LT1 package and it works fine. The instructions state you need US8 or US9 radio code for it to work. This code can be found in your glove box. Mine was a US8.

The Ipod interface was bigger than I expected, it mounts/velcro to the bottom on the heater cover. Wire lead to radio plug-n-play if you dont have XM like me :) and a single white lead to your ipod either in the top storage box or pax glove box. Instructions give you that choice. I put my iPod lead on the right side of box because my GPS gose on the left.

Also the interface box has 2 - red and white RCA jacks on the side. I can only guess its for AUX input since it dosent state anywhere in the directions what thier purpose is for?

PAL with BIG GM on it.

Old ipod...dont care if they steal it :)

Craig~
Looks good!

Too bad I have the "basic" radio model.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:26 AM

Thanks for the pics...I take it that all you have to do is power on the Ipod and then you control it through your radio? I've been using my Ipod with the aux jack and that seems to work ok if I just want to play the whole playlist. This looks like it hooks up a bit differently?

Any pics of what the radio display looks like when using the Ipod?

Goose
Old 08-03-2007, 11:37 AM

Goose.
The iPod turns on when you select it on the radio.
Watch this 10 min video about the PAL on Youtube. Im sure it will answer alot of your questions.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1

Cheers!
Craig~
Old 08-03-2007, 11:38 AM

Hey Goose, there was a youtube video posted about the PAL and it shows how it works, how it's controlled and how it displays on the radio.

The link was posted in another thread on here about the PAL/Ipod interface.

You might want to try to find that video, it's a little cheesy but should give you a good idea.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:18 PM

Got it installed today. I was the first customer with this so it took the dealer 3 hours to install. Now it's ready to go. The only thing after playing with it is that the controls is a bit complicated... curse you, GM, for making me read the manual!
Old 08-10-2007, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by 1BadPig
Got it installed today. I was the first customer with this so it took the dealer 3 hours to install. Now it's ready to go. The only thing after playing with it is that the controls is a bit complicated... curse you, GM, for making me read the manual!
And they are not great to begin with. Sometimes you need to go back to keys 3&4 to get where you want. After using it a while it gets easier.

Quick Reply: I-pod Interface From GM