Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Installing new JVC in a car with the pioneer system. Have a few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 10:59 AM

Installing new JVC in a car with the pioneer system. Have a few questions.

Do I really have to run speaker wire to each speaker? What gauge wire is recommended? How do the stock speakers perform? I figure they should be decent, am I wrong?

I am not looking for anything major, just good clean sound. I am only upgrading because I want bluetooth, usb, and sub outputs.

Thanks guys.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:34 AM

replace the crappy door speakers.....You dont have to run new wires....Unless your like going for Competition sound just and upgrade ehhhhhh. Dont worry about it
Old 12-27-2010, 11:38 AM

The speakers work fine, if you just know how set them up correctly. Just be prepared to spend a lot on the adaptor to make everything work correctly, since all the warning sounds come out of the speakers.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:55 PM

Ok, thanks. I was just curious because the instructions from crutchfield describe how to get into the door panels. They also describe cutting the factory speaker plug off and splicing/soldering speaker wire to it. I have done this in the past to get around factory amplifiers. So what you are saying is, if I use all of the adapters that come with my order, I shouldn't, have to take anything besides the dash apart. If that is the case, I will see how the stock speakers suit me before I buy new ones. Do the tweeters run all of the way to the head unit or do they run off of the signal to the door speakers?

Thanks guys! The internet makes projects like this so nice. I will be so much farther ahead by knowing how things are going to work verses having to figure them out.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:03 PM

Replacing the stock speakers will make a world of a difference. I tend to be more of an audiophile, and feel that most of the time, the stock sound system sucks. The first thing I did was the door speakers, and wire. I did the wire because I'm doing the build in long, slow stages, in between work and the weather. There's a picture somewhere of the SS sans driver's door when I ran those wires.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:27 PM

[QUOTE=OVRBOOST;514844]Ok, thanks. I was just curious because the instructions from crutchfield describe how to get into the door panels. They also describe cutting the factory speaker plug off and splicing/soldering speaker wire to it. I have done this in the past to get around factory amplifiers. So what you are saying is, if I use all of the adapters that come with my order, I shouldn't, have to take anything besides the dash apart. If that is the case, I will see how the stock speakers suit me before I buy new ones. Do the tweeters run all of the way to the head unit or do they run off of the signal to the door speakers?

Yes, I got all mine from crutchfield too. Depending on your JVC unit, you might have to do some cutting of the dash (inside, not visiable) in the back for it to fit all the way back. I put in one of JVC nav system and I had to modify the back part of the dash for the radio to fit all the way back.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:45 PM

most aftermarket radios are going to require you to modify the factory radio box. I had to cut some of mine out as well when I did the double DIN Sony Navigation also....
Old 02-04-2011, 08:28 PM

Wow, you aren't kidding I am going to have to cut some of the dash out. I didn't have anything to cut with so I just put the stocker back in for now. Where is everyone mounting the adapter box that makes all of the chimes and stuff work?