Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Ipod Mounting

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 12:18 PM

I have a Belkin MP3 player accessory that sits in the cupholder. Unfortunately, my MP3 player isn't an iPod. So, most of the accessories that are iPod approved don't work for me.

I've tried one of those plastic no-slide pads that sit on the dash. Works great, if the car isn't moving. I'm tempted to go the low-tech route and just velcro my MP3 player to a good location on the dash.

I'm buying a remote for my MP3 player, just so I don't have to constantly juggle the thing out of the cup holder.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:59 PM

I have an MP3 player, sit there are not many choices for things to help you out. What I did find was a cheap cell phone holder. Works great just used the 3M tape on the back and everything holds fine. No problems getting to any buttons or blocking the view of anything.

Name:  DSCF0049.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  51.6 KB
Old 07-02-2006, 04:06 PM

i have the same MP3 player that you do. either the location you put it in, or just above the hazard light button would be a good place to mount it.

Somebody needs to get really inventive and fabricate/install an MP3 holder on the armrest.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:35 PM

I just bought my nano 4gig yesterday...i am ordering this now. Ill post pics.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:54 AM

Is that the...

FlexDock from Ten Technology? If so, I have it and here's my review: Excellent mount, provides power and even charges the iPod. The color almost perfectly matches my grey interior. Allows me to move the iPod to various angles for viewing and does not obstruct anything. There is only one downside... and it's my HHR's fault! The cig lighter is poorly attached to the gauge panel which means the metal casing that the mount slides into will spin. (causing the mount AND my iPod to fall left or right depending on my turn) So far, I've tried a larger 'O' ring to get a tighter fit... but it'll still move if the turn is hard enough. The next step for me is to epoxy from the backside the ring of the 12V reciever to the panel. I love this mount, but I'm tired of the pendulum movement!
Old 05-31-2007, 11:21 AM

Thought I would bump this to see if anyone has come up with any other solutions.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by MrVette
Thought I would bump this to see if anyone has come up with any other solutions.

Bracketron and Panavise both make custom bezel mounts for the HHR that can accomodate an iPod holder. I have both enroute. When I get it installed, I will post pics.

http://www.bracketron.com/xmain/manuals/CHE-101-05.pdf

HHR is on page 5.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:18 PM

Best Ever

After looking for months, I found this: http://www.proclipusa.com/?sectionpa...p_leftorright=

The base mount is about $30, and the iPod mount varies on the model/type you choose. I don't have a picture, but mine mounts just to the right of the radio, and is rock solid. The swivel mount allows the passenger to see the iPod as well. Love it.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:37 PM

Here's the bracketron I have in mine. I absolutely love it! The only downside is that it doesn't charge, it's just a holder for the Ipod.
Attached Images  
Old 06-01-2007, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by jayhawker
Here's the bracketron I have in mine. I absolutely love it! The only downside is that it doesn't charge, it's just a holder for the Ipod.
Yours was my inspiration to research the brand. Thanks. My bezel mout arrived today. Now waiting on the holder bracketron part # PHM-201.

Quick Reply: Ipod Mounting