Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

It's on now Edrazorlite!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 05:58 PM

It's on now Edrazorlite!

I have the loudest proven HHR! And it's a pretty signifigant number for you to shoot for! My hhr hit a 156.1 in supermod 2000-4000 using the TL and averaged a 152.9 over a 30second period using MUSIC in streetbeat (sb5). It was at a USACi 3x event. OH! and the car is an SQ car!

OH...and I am also using 3600 "real" watts rms (I haven't had time to build the new system), and my 12 12" GT4 woofers cost less than one of your woofers. So go update your sig already!
Old 09-06-2008, 07:46 PM

Sweet score man,
so how is the cabin holding up under that pressure? Specifically the bottom of the front doors.

I have already been working to get up into the upper 150s, thats gonna be a tough number to match.

My subs only cost $200 ea so thats not much.

We will know if I can match up come dB Drag World Finals October 10th/11th.

Congrats and awsome score man, I will change my sig (for now lol)

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 09-07-2008 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Reduced pic sizes / Warning Given
Old 09-06-2008, 08:56 PM

i hope to one day be up there with yall! im about to restart on mine but im just going for mid 140's cause mine is a daily driver. im hitting mid 130's now and i never change it from street and competition. the loudest i ever had was my 06 Ram i did a 147.3 at a usaci event here in bama. Yall keep up the good work you to are like my idles lol!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:43 PM

collyn, ya gona post some pics of your hhr?????
Old 09-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Banned

My question for you guys is how the hell are you pushing that kind of noise without killing the electrical system on the car and how is it that these test CDs won't skip with that kind of banging?

I'm going to install a couple of Rolls Royce Spey engines in the back of my HHR so *I* can wear the "World's Loudest HHR" badge. Those are the engines they used on the G-III and British version of the F4. Should pack some punch!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by doughboy
i hope to one day be up there with yall! im about to restart on mine but im just going for mid 140's cause mine is a daily driver. im hitting mid 130's now and i never change it from street and competition. the loudest i ever had was my 06 Ram i did a 147.3 at a usaci event here in bama. Yall keep up the good work you to are like my idles lol!
Thanks,

140s on the Term Lab is no joke. Gotta keep it sounding good too.

Mine is also a daily driving system. I just pull up to the shows and let it wang.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
My question for you guys is how the hell are you pushing that kind of noise without killing the electrical system on the car and how is it that these test CDs won't skip with that kind of banging?

I'm going to install a couple of Rolls Royce Spey engines in the back of my HHR so *I* can wear the "World's Loudest HHR" badge. Those are the engines they used on the G-III and British version of the F4. Should pack some punch!
My electrical system is far from stock.

Currently, Power Master is building 250A alternators for these cars to be available in a few months. So I am using the stock alternator but I have a battery bank of multiple AGM batteries. capable of a few thousand cranking amps.

At 150 dB certain CD players will skip in the dash.
I sometimes use an external console. Some people use CD changers mounted elsewhere.
But I found that my dash does not vibrate much and Alpine CD players work very well.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:56 AM

heres a couple

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 09-07-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:08 AM

Sweet score man,
so how is the cabin holding up under that pressure? Specifically the bottom of the front doors.
I don't have a problem with the doors that I can tell from inside the vehicle. The show was the first time for the HHR and me and my 13yr old son were just bored so went to the show...totally unprepaired. So, it was just him as mic monkey...and me. I could have used better software for testing. I used Bachbusters for sb5 and a sweep from an old usac disc for promod. The peak was recorded at 57hz, but they told me that until after my second run...LOL. I figure it might have a db or 2 left if I just burp it like a pro! I also was told that USACi has a street beat disc! They also told me that it would help me by a db ot more also. (sales pitch? ). LOL

As far as major sound leaks? The base of the winshield blows air into the plastic under the wipers when I hit it! hahaha I discovered that while at the carwash....It blows bubbles out of the seam between the plastic and hood gasket.

Last edited by collyn; 09-07-2008 at 10:10 AM. Reason: ID10T error...LOL
Old 09-07-2008, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ed RazorLite
My electrical system is far from stock.

Currently, Power Master is building 250A alternators for these cars to be available in a few months. So I am using the stock alternator but I have a battery bank of multiple AGM batteries. capable of a few thousand cranking amps.

At 150 dB certain CD players will skip in the dash.
I sometimes use an external console. Some people use CD changers mounted elsewhere.
But I found that my dash does not vibrate much and Alpine CD players work
very well.
Couldn't you just use a mp3 player then it wont skip for sure and i dont mean use a mp3 cd player.