Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Looking for a specific feature

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2024, 03:41 PM

Looking for a specific feature

One of the things I REALLY like on the stock radio in my HHR is the ability to pick 6 channels across AM, FM and SiriusXM and assign them to the 6 preset buttons. Since there are really only 5 stations I regularly listen to I find it easy to bounce between them compared to aftermarket head units which force you to switch bands to store presets. IE: AM1, AM2, FM1, and so on.

Is anyone aware of an android doubledin head unit with SiriusXM and back up camera capable that has this feature for preset station across all the radio bands?
Old 01-30-2024, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Check out Crutchfield website, they have a wide range of options and kits to ensure your product fits your HHR requirements
Old 01-31-2024, 09:39 AM

You can also call them.They have excellent customer service.They will help you find what you are looking for.
Old 01-31-2024, 12:26 PM

I checked with Crutchfield and not only don't they have any radio with that feature (storing multiple bands across the 5 or 6 preset buttons) but they are not aware of ANY aftermarket radio that is able to do that. Some have the ability to do that with AM and FM. It's the SiriusXM part that NO aftermarket radio can handle when it comes to storing multiple stations.

While disappointed with that answer I was VERY impressed with their honesty and that they didn't try to peddle/sell me something.

I have bought from Crutchfield several times in the past and will continue to do so in the future because of this.

I still have some posts in other forums/sites so will continue to look for an aftermarket headunit with this capability. If I find something I will post back.

Thanks everyone for the replies!!
Old 01-31-2024, 01:52 PM

Some reason you can't use the stock unit? Or one of the upgrades?
Old 01-31-2024, 03:19 PM

The ability to store the 5 stations I primarily listen to on the preset buttons without having to switch bands is not a make or break feature for me. It is just one of those things that would be nice to have along with the back up camera, wireless carplay, etc.
Old 02-01-2024, 08:39 AM

I put an android auto head unit in, and use the sirius app for satellite radio. I can access my favorite channels on the head unit. While not as convenient as the stock presets, I am saving $30/month by not having to have another subscription for the car.
Old 02-01-2024, 09:33 AM

Thanks for the suggestion!

I have considered that option but haven't exhausted all avenues of research so I will hold off for now.

But that is a VERY good suggestion. Thanks again...
Old 02-01-2024, 10:41 AM

This sort of thread always bemuse me. I used to spend at least 12 hours a day in my car and never gave the radio sound quality or features a second thought; just that it worked at all. I was always paying more attention to driving and avoiding idiots that weren't. Even before I became an old fart.
Old 02-01-2024, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
This sort of thread always bemuse me. I used to spend at least 12 hours a day in my car and never gave the radio sound quality or features a second thought; just that it worked at all. I was always paying more attention to driving and avoiding idiots that weren't. Even before I became an old fart.
Paying attention to the road is the primary reason for my specific feature request. As a side hustle to compliment my retirement (I REALLY like disposable income) I spend about 20 hours per week in my car. And having the ability to bounce between the 5 stations I primarily listen to by just pressing a single button on the wheel without ever taking my eyes off the road is a boon.

Glad your enjoying the post.

Quick Reply: Looking for a specific feature