Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Multimedia Entertainment Unit and Interior Mod. 2006 HHR

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 10:43 PM

Multimedia Entertainment Unit and Interior Mod. 2006 HHR

Well, the bug has bit again.

I am putting my HHR's Interior, back under the knife again.

This time, I am installing a homemade Windows XP, base Multimedia Entertainment Center, with full touch screen and USB Ports.

This puppy is going to take some time but, so far building the Touch Screen Software and Multimedia Software has gone perfect.

I will post everything here and at my Site http://rickyvb.webs.com/

You will be able to Download the Free Software to build your own, once I am done programming it.
I will host the File at my site and place a link here for direct Downloads for everyone.

Here are some screenshots of the two Operating Systems, I have already started on. I am debating on which design I am going with currently.
Your votes would be help full. Thanks...

HHR MULTIMEDIA ENTERTAINMENT CENTER
A)

RADIO SCREEN

Basic info: Pretty simple. Works like every other DVD TOUCH SCREEN HEAD UNIT Software does. Just Windows Xp SP3 base with Wifi, bluetooth and all Windows XP abilities.

TWISTED TABS
B)

Basic info: This one is a mixture of many Operating Systems. Windows XP, Android and my own TWISTED TABS OS.
The left tabs Slide out, when you tap them. Each tab has Windows Folders in them with your Icons.

The Lower right curled Background tab, is to change the wallpaper. You simply put your finger on the Curl and wait 3 seconds. You will be prompted," What wallpaper would you like?" Then you select any Image file. It will auto stretch to fit the background.

************************************************** *******************************************
CURRENT INTERIOR:

My 2006 HHR Custom interior as of now. This is from my last modification.

I moved the radio and AC controls down and moved the Window buttons up.
I also made a Custom charger for my phone. R.I.P. LG

If you would like to see more on my previous interior modification of my 2006 Chevy HHR. CLICK HERE!!!

Once the interior is complete. Stay tuned for the Exterior.
RICKYVB 2006 Chevy HHR Modified Front Clip Concept Art 2014

I will post a link here to that thread once it is started.

Currently building the hardware from an old HP Mini Laptop and a No name Touch Screen.
Photos to come soon...
More to come...

Last edited by RICKYVB; 01-16-2014 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:39 PM

Ok, I decided to keep this easy as far as posting goes and only post the unit being mounted in my HHR here.

If you want to see how the unit was made. Please visit my site at TWISTED TOYS FORUMS. I unlocked the site so you can see that part of this project without joining.

This is the link to the page with this build in progress at http://rickyvb.webs.com/apps/forums/...ted-tabs?next=

It may be awhile till I get back here to post the interior being modified. Bare with me. I just bought a house so... ...yeah. You know how much free time you have during this adventure. lol.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:04 AM

I will be tuned to this project: You have totally piqued my interest, sir! I just so happen to have a 2006 HHR 2LT and an HP Mini 110-1020nr netbook!! Now, I must say in all honesty I wouldn't chop up my netbook directly because it IS my main tote machine for computer support business, especially since I beefed it up with a replacement 2GB RAM module and 500GB HDD and recently did a clean install of Win7x86ProSP1, but I've certainly fantasized grabbing another netbook for doing something similar to your current endeavor. Please do keep us posted! And thank you for sharing your enthusiasm for the HHR/PC combo mods. (:K
Old 03-10-2014, 08:59 AM

I've got a question you've probably gotten before, is the center iphone/pen holder under your radio custom made?