Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

My 3rd gen iPod touch not working w/ usb?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 11:39 PM

My 3rd gen iPod touch not working w/ usb?

My 2nd gen iPod Nano works perfectly, but about a month ago I puchased the new 3rd gen iPod touch. It usually gives an error everytime I plug it into the usb. I got it to play once after plugging and unplugging a few times until I turned off the ss. One other time it played about half a song before getting an error.

Can the dealership do an update of some sort or am I not going to be able to get it to play? I know I can ask my dealership, but figured I would ask here first as alot of you are alot more knowledgable then my dealership. They told me they dont do the stage kit as it voids the warrenty, so they would probably screw up w/ the radio too. If no one knows then I will call them.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:08 AM

check post #71 of this sticky https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...highlight=ipod

Troubleshooting Tips for iPOD Devices
Check the version of the iPOD/MP3 to confirm that it is supported.
Unplug and Re-insert the iPOD to verify the customer complaint.
Verify the battery charge of the iPOD. A low battery condition on the iPOD may not allow it to connect to the radio. The iPOD may need to be charged before it can be controlled by the radio.
If the customer receives a "Device Not Supported" message on their radio or is having general iPOD/MP3 connection issues (and they have a supported device), they may need to reset their iPOD. To rest the iPOD-
• For the IPOD Nanos and Classic , Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

• For the IPOD Touch and IPhone: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:05 PM

Thanks for the link. But that is from May and the 3rd gen iPod touch came out the middle of september. It says the 1st and 2nd gen touch is compatible, so not sure why the 3rd is not. I will try shutting it off like it says tomorrow and see if I get a different respons. Not gonna get my hopes up.

I have got it to work once since my first post and I only had to plug and unplug the usb about 8 times before it worked. I might just have to call up the dealer as I know it works it just wont do it w/ out alot of patience. The 2nd gen nano works everytime. If any has any ideas please post. I will check back in few days
Old 11-16-2009, 11:04 PM

Same here, 3rd gen won't work in my 09 SS,my 1st gen worked fine.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:53 AM

i got my 2nd gen ipod touch to work once for like 20 seconds, but never again.. but i have just used the usb key instead..