Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

My audio system pics.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 04:03 PM

His trans will last forever. All he needs to do is open the hatch and turn up the bass in neutral. The car will push along just fine! lol
Old 05-20-2008, 10:29 PM

Wow, and let me say WOW. Very, very nice work, and thanks for sharing all the photos.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by HipHotRod
His trans will last forever. All he needs to do is open the hatch and turn up the bass in neutral. The car will push along just fine! lol

How much quieter is the ride now
Old 05-20-2008, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by itschaboykenny

How much quieter is the ride now
Honestly I don't know.....lol! I've only had my car a few months and it took me 2 weeks to sound deaden it. It's quiet but since I was driving my sons noisy truck for 2 weeks I lost my ability to compare the before and after I can still hear that damn license plate rattling though
Old 05-21-2008, 11:19 AM

Here is a pic of the subwoofer hole with the trim added. I also found some blue neon lights (leaning towards blue but considering red) that have a slight curve to them and are approx. 4" long that I want to put behind the plastic to make the hole glow and kind of accent the sub when the hatch is open.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:34 PM

Actually that sub looks ok mounted like that, just find some way to dress up the wiring and connectors (maybe shrinkwrap and ditch the white plastic sheaths).
Old 05-21-2008, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by prod
Actually that sub looks ok mounted like that, just find some way to dress up the wiring and connectors (maybe shrinkwrap and ditch the white plastic sheaths).
The wiring is next. That is just a temporary setup until I get all the suff I need to do it right. I just ordered some sleeving and other stuff to take care of that. The wiring will look just as clean as everyhting else
Old 06-04-2008, 02:15 PM

Here is the rest of the setup:

This is a pic of the Power Acoustik BASS-10 module. Basically the exact same thing as the Audio Control Epicenter and works just as good.

Next up is a look at the cabling to the battery.

Here is a look at where I routed the cables. I grouped them together into 3 neatly wrapped groups to make it easier to move things around in case I need to get to my spare tire.

These last 2 are the final finished product. I have to say that I am very happy with the look and the sound

I want to say that I was very impressed with the low level output from the factory stereo! It must be a very high voltage (possibly 4v or better). This allowed me to keep all my gain settings very very low to help with the sound quality. I do have slight engine noise (still troubleshooting that) but it is so low that I'm pretty much the only one who notices it. I still have one last thing to do and that is to mount my Image Dynamics horns up front but I am considering just getting a nice set of tweeters to replace the stockers with and build a xover for them. We will have to wait and see. Oh and by the way.....for those of you who say, "don't use the factory box" I say give mine a listen and you may just change your mind
Old 06-10-2008, 08:38 AM

Looks great. Very nice and clean install. Why cant other people take a little more time and do the same stuff. That is a first class install for sure. Also I have the engine noise also. Its slight but still a point deduction at shows. If you figure it out let me know and Ill do the same if we do.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by hugheshhr
Also I have the engine noise also. Its slight but still a point deduction at shows. If you figure it out let me know and Ill do the same if we do.
My first stab at it will be to update the battery ground to the chassis

Quick Reply: My audio system pics.