Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

My audio system pics.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 11:40 AM

Yup, the grounds in the HHR leave a lot to be desired. Most of them are on painted surfaces. All of mine were redone.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:40 PM

Any pics of what you did to the dash?

I have all my amps and stuff installed but I think the imaging could be better up front.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by PhoS
Any pics of what you did to the dash?
No nothing yet. When I get around to it I will be mounting some Image Dynamics HLCD's under the front dash about where your shins are. I've just been lazy! Arizona summer is here so I spend most of my time in the pool!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 12:30 AM

Look, I'm by no means "whizzing on your Wheaties" so to speak, as this install is by far really sweet. High quality materials and a nice job on the finishing touches. However, the magnet and wires out should be dressed up or fixed IMHO.

What if you switched it back so the cone was the correct way but built it up with some sort of small plexi box or a nice carpeted mount. Basically build your own little box and then drop the sub in and mount it where it is currently mounted?

Also, as far as the license plate rattle, why not purchase a few thick foam or rubber gaskets/washers that will act as spacers? That may eliminate the rattle. I have also heard of using weather stripping around the edge, or buy a neoprene sheet (like a mousepad) and bolt the plate on with the neoprene between the plate and your car siding.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:49 PM

Well my rattle is because I just have to have a Chevy license plate trim and the plate rattles on that The wires are all trimmed up with the mesh sleeving and heatshrink and looks really nice! I didn't get a close enough pic for guys to see it. However......it doesn't matter anymore cause I'm getting ready to change it all out Yup, this stuff is going into my wifes SUV and I'll be changing everything to old school Rockford Fosgate stuff (around 1998 Fosgate stuff). I've got 3 amps and an OEQ1 to stuff under the floor this time. I haven't decided on a sub just yet but it will be facing forward this time with some kind of custom grill over it that will look factory. The reason for changing the way I mount the sub is because when I went to put my floor up high it was just hitting the magnet. Lol, I didn't really test that out until it was too late!!! Oh well, that's how these things go sometimes (live and learn). I don't know how long it will take me to get all this done but it will have to wait until I can start a Car Stereo LLC business that I'll operate out of my garage. I figure if I'm going to keep doing this I may as well be able to write some stuff off on my taxes and with my kids starting high school I can start charging their little friends that want cool installs in their cars
Old 09-29-2009, 06:05 PM

i know its old but was a very clean install. my fist inclination is to assume you used to compete in sound quality events because most people don't go thru the trouble of using the braiding on there installs unless they want those extra points.

couple questions since your still around. any reason you flipped the re around? was it too deep for the stock box. or were you just going for the looks?

secondly. did you use the car with the cover over the amps. with the cover and the plexi you'd think you'd have allot of heat generation for that amp. just wondering about the tempatures.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:21 AM

Just saw this post and nice job!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:52 AM

Wow this is the first time i saw this post, very clean!
Old 09-30-2009, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by sndsgood
i know its old but was a very clean install. my fist inclination is to assume you used to compete in sound quality events because most people don't go thru the trouble of using the braiding on there installs unless they want those extra points.

couple questions since your still around. any reason you flipped the re around? was it too deep for the stock box. or were you just going for the looks?

secondly. did you use the car with the cover over the amps. with the cover and the plexi you'd think you'd have allot of heat generation for that amp. just wondering about the tempatures.
Yes I did!!! Lol very obsevent of you. Got lots of trophys back in the 80's and 90's. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any "Sound Off" competitions where I live (Arizona). I thought when I moved to AZ that it would be competition heaven since some of the biggest manufacturers are out here but that just isn't so??? Anyway, the sub thing is both.......it was a tad too deep (can be fixed with a MDF ring to extend it out) and also I liked the way it looked (something different). As for the amps........Yes, the cover is always on and the lexan lays directly on top of the amp and EQ and I've never had any problems with heat. Not thermal cut cutoff's or anything. Mostly it's due to the quality of the amp I suppose. That Xtant amp was pretty much top of line back in the day. For my next trick I'm swapping it all out for old school Rockford Fosgate stuff. I haven't worked out all the details yet but I have a good idea of what I'll be doing and it will be just as clean as this one and a tad more "showy". I am thinking of putting a 10" sub behind the panel and making a grill for it that would have a factory look but be very custom and clean. It's going to cause me to cut up that rear panel (something I usually avoid at all costs) so this will kind of be a permenent change that can't be undone so I have to think long and hard about how I will do it! And again, thanks for the compliments everyone!
Old 09-30-2009, 03:52 PM

yeah its not to often you see clean installs now a days so its nice when you do get to see one, now everyone just throws a raw box into the trunk and calls it a system. the wires were a dead giveaway lol that and the mention of id horns. something ive yet to try but ive wanted to. i currently run idq 10's in my show car. and the temptation to tear into the hhr ss is starting to grow on me. just not sure what i want to do yet.

i know what you mean about comps. i used to compete in usaci well usac at the time and spent some time judging for meca as well awhile back, about the only comps you see nowadays is just spl. its a shame to see sound quality die down. but nowadays it seems people dont care about quality, its all about the quanitity.

as for your panel delema, just go out and get another panel that way if u sell it or change u can just swap a new panel in. i usually find all new panels when i do stuff so i have that option.

Quick Reply: My audio system pics.