Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

new bumps

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by john9309
Nice! someone who appreciates quality.
As a matter of fact I do .... Continue your build as you have planned . We seriously looked at the new 13TW5v2 " Flat 13 inch sub from JL . A close friend of mine Scott Paterson " Team Hybrid Audio" uses them in SQ comp and has had a very successful run all the way to the finals..... We opted for the IDMAX12D2.
Now back to your build ....
I suggest this ....
(1) Being your amp is below in a confined space . I suggest a cooling fan ..
(2) 18 foot Factory power wire = Voltage drop.. Upgrade if you can ..
(3) Second Battery is a good idea for extended play w/ the key off. It will only make your alternator work more to keep it charged ..
(4) Buy a cap. We bought this one ..STINGER SPC505 , $107.98 Ebay.
Have fun and enjoy your new bumps.
Don't hate, participate
Greg
Old 06-22-2013, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by MsBecky
As a matter of fact I do .... Continue your build as you have planned . We seriously looked at the new 13TW5v2 " Flat 13 inch sub from JL . A close friend of mine Scott Paterson " Team Hybrid Audio" uses them in SQ comp and has had a very successful run all the way to the finals..... We opted for the IDMAX12D2.
Now back to your build ....
I suggest this ....
(1) Being your amp is below in a confined space . I suggest a cooling fan ..
(2) 18 foot Factory power wire = Voltage drop.. Upgrade if you can ..
(3) Second Battery is a good idea for extended play w/ the key off. It will only make your alternator work more to keep it charged ..
(4) Buy a cap. We bought this one ..STINGER SPC505 , $107.98 Ebay.
Have fun and enjoy your new bumps.
Don't hate, participate
Greg

I agree upgrade your power wire. Just be done with it and upgrade with 1 run of 1/0 OFC. I would recommend a HO alt before a second battery or a cap. I got mine from DC Power, I have the 320HP model which I believe they don't recommend anymore. They now recommend the 270XP I believe for HHR, they say there more solid of a alt. I've had my 320 for almost 4 years now though and runs like a champ. One thing you'll also find with these HHRs is the ECM screwing you out of power from your alternator. Mike Singer at Singer Alternators can bypass this for you for a price and has a few options. So if you can't afford to upgrade your alt at this time I highly recommend a second battery since half the time when the ECM shuts the alt down you'll be pulling off your batteries. And only buy Sealed AGM batteries, you don't want the mess of the Wet Cell when they vent. But nice grab on the equipment. w6's are definitely great sounding woofers.