Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 05:28 PM

new system planned

I'm looking at this amp

Kicker ZX350.4
350 watts, ZX Series 4-Channel Amplifier

And this HU

Pioneer DEH-P9800BT

This will go through my Infinity Reference component speakers & audibahn 8" sub. Plus I adding a JL 500/1 amp to drive 2 w3 10's in a JL box.

Opinions and comments welcome!

BTW, I've been assured by the shop that they will make the steering wheel controls work and I'll keep the chimes. Got a little overwelmed trying to keep track of all that they're using, but I'll be sure to give a full report w/pics, when its all done! Plus, thanks to an idea I got from CH, its being hooked up so that when I need to pull the box for room I can run the 8" sub.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:51 PM

Here's a better look at the HU. And a link to its specs.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:15 PM

Very nice HU. I like the bluetooth feature. One thing i would like to see come out is OnStar. Where you can just add it to any vechile, or atleast GM vechiles
Old 10-04-2006, 09:45 PM

I'm hoping it all works like they say, chimes and steering wheel controls.

This is the sub I decided on. JL Audio H.O. Wedge HO210R-W3v2 2 x 10"

Getting a good deal on it since its a discountinued model.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Banned

I like it way better than the factory six disc idea. What made you change your mind. Is it because you know there is a proper working interface now?
Old 10-04-2006, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I like it way better than the factory six disc idea. What made you change your mind. Is it because you know there is a proper working interface now?
That and the dealer fried the HU amp when trying to fix it. Lonnnng story! I just figured if I gotta change it I might as well do it right.

I can't believe the features and ways to customize the display on the HU. Don't know how well it will work, but it even comes with its own mic and built-in software that automatically tunes the system.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:59 PM

Make for sure to keep your reciept. In the last month, we had to warranty two pioneer cd players with the motorized screen. Hopefully they got it fixed with the new models. I may go the route your going. I want alittle bass, and don't really like line converters. Xm, Sirius, Ipod, Bluetooth, all in one. I believe it is worth the money for the HU.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
This is the sub I decided on. JL Audio H.O. Wedge HO210R-W3v2 2 x 10"

Getting a good deal on it since its a discountinued model.
I remember looking into this box. Almost impossible to find someone selling them. When I did find somoene, the price was almost 1g for the box. How much are you getting the box for since it's disc. now? BTW...Your setup looks top notch. I love bluetooth. My Alpine has bluetooth but requires an external interface. After the Holidays that's my next audio upgrade.

The way it's suppose to work is that the head unit automatically connects with your cell phone once you're in the vehicle. That way you have a complete hands free setup while driving. I have OnStar in my burb and it's nice but not a need. I do want bluetooth though

Ng
Old 10-04-2006, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by ng8650
I remember looking into this box. Almost impossible to find someone selling them. When I did find somoene, the price was almost 1g for the box. How much are you getting the box for since it's disc. now? BTW...Your setup looks top notch. I love bluetooth. My Alpine has bluetooth but requires an external interface. After the Holidays that's my next audio upgrade.

The way it's suppose to work is that the head unit automatically connects with your cell phone once you're in the vehicle. That way you have a complete hands free setup while driving. I have OnStar in my burb and it's nice but not a need. I do want bluetooth though

Ng
I'm getting the box for $300! That's letting me spend the cash on the HU.

With the Bluetooth feature you can even download your phonebook!
Old 10-05-2006, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
I'm getting the box for $300! That's letting me spend the cash on the HU.

With the Bluetooth feature you can even download your phonebook!
$300! Dude, PM me where they are selling these for that price. I'll buy one for my 4runner at that price! And yeah, Bluetooth is the shiznit

Ng

Quick Reply: new system planned