Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

OG needs schoolin' on headrest monitors

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 04:11 PM

OG needs schoolin' on headrest monitors

I need some advice on headrest rear seat monitors.

I put a back seat in my panel for the grandkids, and now they are pleading for some headrest monitors. The problem is grandpaw doesn't know anything about this stuff. Can yah help an old timer out
Old 04-02-2011, 12:08 AM

I just bought two Pyle headrest monitors (one with DVD player) plus two sun visor from J&B electronics. The headrests could not be any easier to install. Just remove old headrests. Remove seatbacks by pulling outward from the bottom. Feed wires through headrest holes at top of seatback. Install headrest monitors. The wiring is a little tricky if you want to run a power wire from one of the fuse panels. I ran a cable back with a fuse link to the battery.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Platinum Member

speedwagen-

American & Proud has them in his Panel too.. just fyi..
Old 04-02-2011, 02:37 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by sleeper
speedwagen-

American & Proud has them in his Panel too.. just fyi..
Yes I do. 4 at the moment, a pair of 9"s and a pair of 7"s. I just bought the 7's and recieved them this week so they havent been installed yet.

(Thanks still goes out to Putter for posting his, I always thought they were Expensive to do, NOT.) Putter was real helpful in getting mine hooked up, it was pretty easy.

Putter shared where he got his on ebay, he had the 7's without the games I believe.
I opted for the 9's with 2 remotes, 2 wireless foldable headsets, 2 wired game controllers with games built in.(28) OLD Tech Games, but are New to the kids so they play and have fun with them. Old yes, but they are New to them.

These do Not have built in DVD players, I wanted them that way, I have the Pioneer AVH P4200 DVD Head Unit with a 7" screen in dash, and use that to play Movies.

With these TView Headrest Monitors and the P4200 HU it's pretty versatile really, one can be playing a Game another can be watching a Movie They can listen to whats on their screen with the wireless headsets, and I can still listen to the Radio. Or just about any combination we choose.

Here are some pics I just took for you to compare the size Difference between the 7's and the 9's.

Name:  b84ba172.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  52.7 KB

Name:  88ef4cdc.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  44.0 KB

Name:  8b705680.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  55.4 KB

Name:  aa3780c2.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  38.4 KB

Name:  c94b6eba.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  9.5 KB

This pic is from last Summer when I was installing the Head Unit and the 9" Monitors, the pic does Not do them justice, I'm NO photographer and just took some quick shots while doing the install.

The pictures are pretty darn GOOD on the TViews. I was really Impressed by them and they were very reasonably priced for all that you get and the seller Putter and I bought from has all Buy It Now pricing that Includes Free Shipping and the Tviews have a 2 Year Warranty.

He sells All kinds of systems, you can spend alot of time looking at all he offers. You just gotta decide how you want to set things up, so ask questions and I and others will answer if we can.

IF your gonna use your OEM radio, then you'll need a DVD unit model.

Or if you want to use a PS2 or X Box then you won't need the units with the game controllers, etc.

Here is a Link to the 7"s from the seller, he's audiosavings.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Hope this helps you some, just Ask questions and I will try to answer if I can.Putter knows alot more than I on the Install stuff, but it isnt hard to do.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:42 PM

Here are mine....
I also have the Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD headunit (love it). And I have 7" headrests, which are very close to factory size.
Very happy I did NOT just buy monitors and install them into my stock headrests. Buying "pre-fab" is so much faster and the look awesome!
If I had to do it over, I would have bought a "package" the first time that come with the wireless headphones. I bought some as an after-thought and ended up spending slightly more than I would have if I had done it all at once.

And like A&P stated, if you plan to keep the stock headunit, make sure you buy (at least one) headrest with the built-in DVD player.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:39 AM

Thanks everybody for the info..now I know enough to at least be dangerous to my paypal account.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:38 PM

Nice

Love that set up... I went and looked at the ebay store... that dude has a lot of good stuff with REAL good prices... I love the 9" monitors.... are they that much bigger than the stock headrest?.. These are some big headrests...
Old 04-15-2011, 08:49 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by Alexwsilver2010
Love that set up... I went and looked at the ebay store... that dude has a lot of good stuff with REAL good prices... I love the 9" monitors.... are they that much bigger than the stock headrest?.. These are some big headrests...
The 7"s are just about the Same size as the stock oem headrests, so ...