Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

A&P Inspired: Sound Deadener Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 12:49 AM

A&P Inspired: Sound Deadener Install

Tomorrow I'm going to pick up my car, and start to remove my headliner, so hopefully A&P, and I can wrap them together when my suede comes in. I'm also doing my ABCD pillars as well in suede. While I'm at it throughout the rest of the week I'll also remove the rest of the interior plastic to wrap it in suede as well.

At some point while the plastic/headliner is out, I'm going to be putting in some sheets of Alphadamp. I ordered 2 kits worth for the car. I'm going to make the roof as dead as possible, then over it will go some Luxury Liner. I am going to just deaden the floor, rear, and roof. then as I slowly change the interior, I'll do the doors, as well as the rear topside.

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/ - Awesome stuff. Not cheap though.

According to UPS, the package will arrive tomorrow, and I will be at the shop Friday to pick it up. I'll grab some pics with my phone when it gets in, and as I get this project started.

After I get my brake situation in order, I'll be purchasing some new equipment, and selling off some of my old equipment. So for now it's just deadener/suede.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Rest In Peace

Awsome.

Glad you decided to do it. Makes a Huge difference as you saw in person.

Wait until you see and hear it with the Interior all back in place.

Post up a bunch of pics as you go.

And Sunday is fine for me, I replied to your PM about that.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Premium Member

Once this team gets together, will you two consider taking this talent on the road? I would really love this car, if it didn't rattle like a Tijuana taxi.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by SS fan
Once this team gets together, will you two consider taking this talent on the road? I would really love this car, if it didn't rattle like a Tijuana taxi.
Quickly order up either the stuff I used or the stuff Brandon is gonna use and get out here Sunday, we could gut your interior and all 3 of us get yours to be Silent.

You would be Amazed at the Difference it truely makes. The overall whole feel of the car changes, feels alot more Solid and has a more luxury car feel, my doors feel Solid, and my Panel is a heck of alot Quieter all around.

I have No rattles at all, I covered items and braces and loose wires so they did Not rattle.

"Solid As A Rock" (Now)

Look at my Thread and all the pics I included, it was Totally worth the effort.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Premium Member

I've been following along nice job that you did, your HHR is prolly quieter than my 740 now. If I left now I could make it, it's only 2200 miles or so.

that was a close guess Bing says 2075 miles and 30 hours and 54 min. guess I'd be early if I left now.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by SS fan
I've been following along nice job that you did, your HHR is prolly quieter than my 740 now. If I left now I could make it, it's only 2200 miles or so.
Thanks.

Just order it up, have it overnighted to here and DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE!

You should really do this, take a 3 day weekend and get it done. Youd be Very pleased with the outcome.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:42 PM

Sub'd
Old 09-08-2011, 12:51 AM

Well, I'm still waiting on the package, tracking says its at the hub. But A&P is coming out to my shop this weekend, and we're gonna do some serious upholstering. I've got my B-Pillars out, and I'm waiting. Gonna get some pictures in the daytime tomorrow, since all I possess at the moment is a camera-phone.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by OrangeWhip
Well, I'm still waiting on the package, tracking says its at the hub. But A&P is coming out to my shop this weekend, and we're gonna do some serious upholstering. I've got my B-Pillars out, and I'm waiting. Gonna get some pictures in the daytime tomorrow, since all I possess at the moment is a camera-phone.

Hey Brandon,
Reply to my PM I send to you, and also Include the address and what time on Sunday you want to meet up.
Phone Number you can be reached at as well please.

My Macaw got ahold of your Business Card while I was pourin myself a cup of coffee. Not much left when I got back to my desk.

Gave her an Almond and thought I had more time while she ate it, NOT.

Can't get mad at a face like this tho.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by American & Proud
Hey Brandon,
Reply to my PM I send to you, and also Include the address and what time on Sunday you want to meet up.
Phone Number you can be reached at as well please.

My Macaw got ahold of your Business Card while I was pourin myself a cup of coffee. Not much left when I got back to my desk.

Gave her an Almond and thought I had more time while she ate it, NOT.

Can't get mad at a face like this tho.

I'm heading out there Sunday @ around 10AM, I should be there by 11 or so, and have the tools ready. I'm still shopping for suede, as well as waiting on my Alphadamp.

Quick Reply: A&P Inspired: Sound Deadener Install