Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Pictures of GM PAL Ipod controller

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 03:41 PM

ChevyMgr, thanks for that TSB. perhaps you should also submit that in the TSB forum...

I for one would be "ok" as my 06 came with the integrated XM through the factory radio, not as a 'add-on"...but had I added it AND spent the money for the PAL, I'd be a little angry after installing it, and re-flashing($$$$).

thanks again.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:31 AM

Hi guys second post for me. I have to admit Im loving my 2007 HHR. If the service department I spoke to is correct then the iPhone should be supported. They havent actually installed a PAL at all so that makes me wonder why? Also it looks like it might cost somewhere between 360 to 460. Does that sound right to you all?

- Was
Old 03-07-2008, 11:26 PM

The PAL should cost around $160 at dearler parts or less than that at gmpartsdirect. I was charged $75 for install including flashing the XM.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:53 PM

I suppose it might have something to do with my dealership having not ever installed one?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:28 PM

could be quite a few parts/service advisors have never heard of the PAL.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:34 PM

Well folks I bought and installed my Personal Audio Link. Its working great. For the important part of my post....

The GM PAL works with a iPhone!

Yep it works great. The only aside is that its not actually made for the iPhone. When you first the connect the iPhone to the PAL the iPhone will warn you that this isn't a iPhone compatible product and ask if you want to go into airplane mode to avoid having any interference from the phone. Tell it no! So far on mine no interference. I tested by having someone call me while playing songs on the PAL. When the phone started ringing my bluetooth headset started vibrating and the iPhone paused the song playing so it was nice and quiet in the car. Once the phone call ended the iPhone started the song right back up where it left off.

So once again the iPhone works great with PAL.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:20 PM

Wassabi,

Is your PAL slow to scroll through songs? I mean, frustratingly slow? I'm trying to find out if I have a bad one.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by chevyorange
Wassabi,

Is your PAL slow to scroll through songs? I mean, frustratingly slow? I'm trying to find out if I have a bad one.
I'm wondering what you mean by scrolling? Aee you looking one song at a time in alpha order?

Perhaps going by artist, genre, album, etc. may be faster. I have most of my music set on play lists and then set to shuffle--no problem with it. I do have a 4gig Nano--more then enough space on it for me for now.

It isn't super fast trying to get to certain play lists either--but it gets there eventually! I usually set it to where I want before driving or if I'm at a stop light.

I also leave it in the car and only take out to upload/take off stuff and/or make new play lists!

Don't know if that helps...

@
Old 06-21-2008, 07:26 PM

Let's say I want to listen to the 8th track on a album. Going from 1 to 8 takes ages. It is ridiculous!
Old 06-23-2008, 07:13 PM

Has iTouch connected via P.A.L.

Originally Posted by Wassabi
Did anyone ever find out if this works with the iPhone or is it just iPods?
Well Ihave an 8GB iPod Touch which is very similar to the iPhone so it should work fine. When it connects it says "Auxillary Device Connected" so it basically acts like any radio dock built for the iPods and all those work with the iTouch and iPhones provided you have the right adaptor to fit the base. The connection is all the same from the orginal iPod through the nextgen and iTouch/iPhone. Since this is a cable it should snap right in.

Quick Reply: Pictures of GM PAL Ipod controller