Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

radio issues?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 08:28 AM

radio issues?

not sure if this is a repost, but we have been having some issues with the stock radio as of late. Sometimes, it will work fine, other times only some of the controls will work, other times non will work. any recalls yet?
Old 01-03-2006, 08:31 AM
Banned

Not that I know of. Out of curiosity, do you have the premium 6 disk system?
Old 01-03-2006, 01:33 PM

I hope my radio doesn't mess up. Mines been doing great.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Banned

It's nothing major if it does stop working. You're under warranty so just take it back to the dealer and they will put in a new one. I went throght 3 stock 6 disc stereos in my Mustang. Discs kept getting stuck in it while ejecting so I made them keep replacing it untill I got one that worked correctly. Thats what the warranty is for.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:00 PM

True. And my dealership always gives me a nice rental car and I get to spend their gas instead of mine...hmm now i want something to go wrong. :p j/k
Old 01-03-2006, 03:23 PM

Has anyone else noticed the auto volume is a bit annoying and drastic in change. When you reduce your speed the sound seems to cut out all together. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 01-03-2006, 03:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Riggs
Has anyone else noticed the auto volume is a bit annoying and drastic in change. When you reduce your speed the sound seems to cut out all together. Has anyone else experienced this?
My stereo only has one volume, all the way up! I never turned on the auto volume. My past two stereos before my HHR also had it but I found it to be annoying in the past so I didn't even try it in my HHR. Plus like I said, at least 95% of the time I am at full volume and it still isn't loud enough for me.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Riggs

What I noticed with mine is that there is not enough volume and the fade between front and rear is not the greatest. I think a better set of speakers in the back would remedy this. As far as reception, it is far better than my wife's '02 Mustang. No problems with it cutting out or anything like that -- so far.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by GeeMac
What I noticed with mine is that there is not enough volume and the fade between front and rear is not the greatest. I think a better set of speakers in the back would remedy this. As far as reception, it is far better than my wife's '02 Mustang. No problems with it cutting out or anything like that -- so far.
Before you spend a bunch of dough on rear door speakers, read my post HERE.

Might save you some money - as the head unit is "lacking power" in the rear speaker outputs.

Hope it helps,
Old 01-03-2006, 07:40 PM

1) This is a repost
2) A fellow HHR member had a similar issue and there was a loose connection in back of the unit.
3) Thank you

Quick Reply: radio issues?