Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Satellite radio?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 07:45 AM

8 tracks were originally set up to do 4 channels vs two channels of stereo.
Quadraphonic !!! 4 speakers are needed for 8 track.

:)
Ratzilla (Marshall)
Old 02-06-2008, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
Pic of my install:

That looks perfect! I'm gonna clear out my Jimmy Buffett CD's from the dash compartment and make room for a Sirius receiver..."Radio Margaritaville" here I come! Thanks for the idea, Hhrcrafty..you too Doeppel!
Old 02-06-2008, 12:53 PM

I started with XM and then switched to Sirius when Nascar moved over. With the new HHR I now have both. My take is Sirius for sports (NFL, Nascar), potty mouth radio (Stern, Bubba) but for music, weather and travel it's XM hands down. I planned on dumping XM after the trail since my Sirius is portable and I have enough antennas for each car but XM is going to be hard to give up especially coming through the excellent speaker system in the HHR.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:09 AM

Got no use for satellite or any of that junk. I'm just an AM slob, I guess.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:22 PM

Satellite Radio

I have an '07 HHR LT that has the CAT button on the radio console above the CD eject button, that when depressed says "XM Feature" however, when I called a chevy dealer they told me per my VIN I do not have XM. Another chevy dealer told me that the HHR has to be modified in or to be XM at the rate of $600 - $800. XM Radio told me to go to Circuit City and get the mini tuner and antena. Circuit City told me they do not have a mini tuner compatible for my vehicle...... Can anyone tell me how to get XM or Sirius in my vehicle so that it comes through my stock radio????????????
Old 06-05-2008, 03:32 PM

If you have the PAL in your HHR for your iPod, there are RCA jacks on the side for an auxillary in. When accessing the iPod through the PAL, you can select that as Source Aux through the Music menu on the radio display. I just installed my PAL and found this out. My Sirius Sportster and my iPod occupy the upper glove box. The Sirius plugs into the PAL, and I pulled the power adpater out of the dash, plugged the hole, and now all my wires are behind the dash and unseen. Very neat, very clean, and everything works great! All controlled through the factory radio.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by jules1035
I have an '07 HHR LT that has the CAT button on the radio console above the CD eject button, that when depressed says "XM Feature" however, when I called a chevy dealer they told me per my VIN I do not have XM. Another chevy dealer told me that the HHR has to be modified in or to be XM at the rate of $600 - $800. XM Radio told me to go to Circuit City and get the mini tuner and antena. Circuit City told me they do not have a mini tuner compatible for my vehicle...... Can anyone tell me how to get XM or Sirius in my vehicle so that it comes through my stock radio????????????
Note one solution in my last reply. Most satellite radios have an output connector on the back. You can run a cable between that and the AUX port on the front of the factory radio to listen to your satellite radio very cleanly. I've tried the FM transmitters, and they are totally unreliable and the sound quality suffers.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by tim_tenn
If you have the PAL in your HHR for your iPod, there are RCA jacks on the side for an auxillary in. When accessing the iPod through the PAL, you can select that as Source Aux through the Music menu on the radio display.
So lemme see if I have this straight.....If I install a PAL I can plug both an IPOD and an additional AUX source (SIRIUS radio) via RCA into it? Now if my IPOD is not plugged in can I still play the SIRIUS radio? Also with these 2 items using the AUX function will the front AUX port still work if say I wanted to plug in my friends or kids MP3 player?