Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Sirius Ragio for HHR

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 06:45 PM

Sirius Ragio for HHR

I'm trying to hook up my Sirius radio to my HHR and I want to use the FM Direct Adapter so I can use the car antenna. The problem is that it won't plug into it. I went to the store and bought what I was told the correct adapter to make this work but they don't fit. Can anyone help me or give me direction? I would really like to use the car antenna instead of mounting a satellite antenna to the car. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:22 PM

If you need to find the right adapter or anything for sirius I would try www.tss-radio.com. I have the Sportster replay with the magnetic antenna coming right out the rear hatch. Looks sharp and no problem running the wire.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bearsfan
I'm trying to hook up my Sirius radio to my HHR and I want to use the FM Direct Adapter so I can use the car antenna. The problem is that it won't plug into it. I went to the store and bought what I was told the correct adapter to make this work but they don't fit. Can anyone help me or give me direction? I would really like to use the car antenna instead of mounting a satellite antenna to the car. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
The FM direct adapter is to get the sound from the Sirius unit into the FM radio.

To pick up signal, you still will need a satellite antenna. Some of the antennas are only around 1" square by 1/4" high. I put one of those small ones on top of the dash of my Nissan Quest with some double sided tape and it picks up just fine there through the windshield and it's hardly noticeable.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:44 PM

If what you are refering to as the FM direct adapter is the small inline antenna wire that couples between your stock radio antenna and your headunit FM antenna input this only helps with cars that have bad FM modulation. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-S0T77lQ...px?I=607FMDA25 This dosn't eliminate the need for an actual satelite antenna it just helps your satelite reciever transmit the fm signal that it uses to transmit sirius signals to your head unit rather than through the air. (make any sense) I had to use this on a 96 Nissan maxima with my Sportster for what evere reason because with out the fm direct adaptor I had alot of engine noise. Hope this helps.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bearsfan
metra antenna adapter part # 40-gm10. and part # 40-gm20 (small to big, big to small)
Old 11-29-2007, 03:09 PM

You need Metra adaptors 40-CR10 and 40-CR20. The HHR uses
Chrysler type antenna cables not the GM small cable. I used them
whem installing my FM direct adaptor and it works great. no static.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:35 PM

to the forum