Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Speaker Wire

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 02:28 PM

Speaker Wire

I have 2 Blaupunkt 6X9's in custom boxes. I would like to put them in rear compartment. I would like to be able to remove them if I need the space. My question is. How is the easyest way to run the wires? I was thinking under the carpet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by gsl54
I have 2 Blaupunkt 6X9's in custom boxes. I would like to put them in rear compartment. I would like to be able to remove them if I need the space. My question is. How is the easyest way to run the wires? I was thinking under the carpet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I'm assuming then you are not using an amp, just the head units power, so speaker wires will be coming from under the front dash area to the back?

I have not done my aftermarket audio install yet or even researched how I will run wires, last of my mods on my list. But if you want it to look professional yes I would run the speaker wires under the carpet. I would run each set to the far left and right, or just to one side, under the dash to the first plastic interior piece the pops off, then run it through the front and rear door floor sills and the seat belt pillar piece if it's not too difficult to remove. Or you could just guide it to the rear under the carpet whatever route you wish but I wouldn't go that route, or you can just run the wire above the carpet and loom them and secure them as tight and out of the way as you can.

Honestly, you would be better off just grabbing a small-medium amp, installing that in the rear near the battery and then you have no wires other then a set of rca cords and remote amp wire running from the front to the rear to the amp, all the other wiring will be in the rear already being the speaker wires will run directly from amp, then the ground from the amp to the frame.

If you don't know the length of time you will be using this setup I'd just loom all my speaker wires above carpet and route it cleanly and secure loom/wires with small zipties along the way. Not the prettiest but it's easy, quick and avoids tearing stuff up for a temporary install.

I'd use wire loom no matter what route I went.