Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

stock radio without xm

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 04:21 PM

stock radio without xm

I have premium sound system, but do not have xm receiver. can I add a receiver to my radio for xm work in my stock radio?
Old 10-07-2007, 04:59 PM

Yes if you want to add a XM receiver. You can find them at any audio store. I have a sirius one in my HHR LS
Old 10-07-2007, 05:45 PM

I want to add it to my radio without having an extra receiver hanging on my dash or windshield. Is there anything I can add to my stock radio?
Old 12-01-2007, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by ballplr
I want to add it to my radio without having an extra receiver hanging on my dash or windshield. Is there anything I can add to my stock radio?
I'm no expert, but i'm sure the stock radio needs to be XM ready(which means a built in receiver)
Old 12-01-2007, 10:39 AM

I have premium sound system, but do not have xm receiver. can I add a receiver to my radio for xm work in my stock radio?
If you have a sub in the rear, and a cat button on the radio, then you have the premium radio. I think you may have the base unit. I think the others came xm ready and with 3 months free xm when bought new. At least both of ours did. We have 2 2006's, a LT and a 2LT.

Originally Posted by Brewer13
I'm no expert, but i'm sure the stock radio needs to be XM ready(which means a built in receiver)
Brewer is right though, if you don't have it, lot of work to add it.

From the pics of your car, you don't have the xm antenna, so I think you may have the base unit which means no xm.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:38 PM

im sure if you have the premium system in a lt hhr with a sub speaker you already have xm just activate it by calling or going online to xm. hit your band button on your radio if you have fm1,fm2,am and xm. then if you have xm i think its station 1 on the xm band is your radio id number you will need this number to activate xm. if you dont have any of this order a premium xm radio and antenna from gm then everything will look factory
Old 12-01-2007, 12:41 PM

Go look up in te GM accessory website (thru your dealer web site), they list an XM radio upgrade kit (17800594) in the HHR accessories page under electronics. I've been trying to contact the parts department to see what this consists of. If my guess is right this will include the tuner (to be mounted behind the right rear panel) + antenna. Although high priced this might be what you are looking for, provided you have the XM ready HU (Press the Cat button should display " XM feature"). This would keep it looking stock, which is what I'm looking for.

Apologies for grammar typos..I'm typing this at work
Old 12-01-2007, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by DEEREBILT
im sure if you have the premium system in a lt hhr with a sub speaker you already have xm just activate it by calling or going online to xm. hit your band button on your radio if you have fm1,fm2,am and xm. then if you have xm i think its station 1 on the xm band is your radio id number you will need this number to activate xm. if you dont have any of this order a premium xm radio and antenna from gm then everything will look factory
If he has the extra sat antenna in the back part of the roof, then he has the xm tuner then all that is needed is to have it activated.

I have no antenna in the back but my premium system indicates it's XM ready " cat button"
Old 12-01-2007, 04:42 PM

yes I hit the cat button and it says xm feature, and no I do not have an xm antenna in the back I do have the sub in the back
Old 02-22-2008, 07:31 PM

i have the same radio - I hit CAT and Xm appears and then disappears . Would that mean I need a satellite antenna and the Xm tuner to use the built in Chevy system . Aybody buy the tuner form Chevy . Must be pricey .

JW

Quick Reply: stock radio without xm