Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Thing on window

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 11:52 PM

Thing on window

Hi to all , just got my HHR 4 day's now , I have this round black plastic thing on the pass. side windshield, on top, pull out my waterfall and found a conector ,taped to other wires with masking ape , dont think thats GM. It has 4 holes, rectangle , 2 gray , 1 brown wires ,any help, thanks
Old 02-02-2011, 12:23 AM

You've had it four days and your pulling off trim panels? I think you'll fit in just fine around here.
Could possibly be an aftermarkt xm radio setup the previous owner was using.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Platinum Member

"You've had it four days and your pulling off trim panels? I think you'll fit in just fine around here"

Old 02-02-2011, 12:50 AM
Premium Member

I am surprised you waited 4 days you must have been preoccupied driving it I don't know what it is but a previous mod sounds good I'm sure if you post a pic some one will Know
Old 02-02-2011, 01:07 AM

Window Thing ,

Hi to all , This is my 1st HHR , I've been reading alot on here ,and doing a bunch of stuff, thats where I heard the word waterfall, I was in there checking to see if my antenna was in cause I cant get to many stations, yes thats what I was thinking some sort of radio , the picture is a good Idea , I have to read up on how to put a picture on here next , Thanks.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:28 AM

Congratulations and like others have said for only owning your HHR for 4 days and are already removing items you should fit in very well here! The extra harness behind the waterfall we believe is a factory masking tape deal and is quite possible for your non-existent fog lights! If you own an LS or 1LT it is most likely this! If you have a 2LT were not sure what the extra harness could be for?

Welcome Aboard ,
Old 02-02-2011, 06:16 AM

Cool

Is it a round "hockey puck" shaped disc stuck to the windshield with 2 wires coming from it ? If so it would be an antenna for a GPS tracking unit. Follow the wires to see if the unit is still in the HHR.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:36 AM

If what you own is a used panel ohno is probably correct with the GPS tracker. See if there are any names on the parts to give a clue to manufacturer. Our shop has GPS tracking on our work vans. Our antennas are about 1" by 4" black deals stuck near the rear view mirror with wires run under head liner down an A pillar to the box.
Not to scare you but if it was from a large fleet the previous owner may still be tracking unaware that the vehicle is no longer theirs. See if you can contact the manufacturer regarding killing it or using it for tracking just in case of theft!
After posting I found a pic similar to our units that may help. I googled "gps tracking device" then clicked on "images" to find this one.
http://www.gpstrackmasters.com/products/
Old 02-02-2011, 03:01 PM

window thing

hi to all , its round like hockey puck ,and it's wavy on the top ,I'll look for a name , and I'll pull it all down and search for the other end , there mite be a pot of gold there, Thanks .
Old 02-02-2011, 03:31 PM

It's so the government can track you!

Quick Reply: Thing on window