Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

turn chimes off

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 06:21 PM

turn chimes off

any idea how to get the chime to shut off? It never stops with driver door open. I thought after ignition recall it would be fixed but NO.
Old 09-05-2019, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Pull the ignition key. Or close da door.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:21 PM

Door open with headlights on or key in ignition should make chimes.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by WoodysMobile
I thought after ignition recall it would be fixed but NO.

Can't fix what ain't broke...
Old 09-06-2019, 10:30 AM

Enough of the jokes from the Captain Obvious crowd. It chimes away all day everyday with the door open. Radio on or off. Auto headlights on or off. I was going under the dash to pull the component (old school) when I noticed the source is through the sound system.. KEY IN or out of ignition!!!
Just a few electrical demons. Fm portion of radio fails intermittently, AM/Aux are fine. Remote entry can't be reprogrammed by dealer, therefore tire monitor system can't be reset by drop pressure method.
Multiplexing I LOVE it...
Old 09-06-2019, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Well that’s a different situation, have you tried a full battery lobotomy?
Old 09-06-2019, 12:45 PM

No, but I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy . The chime thing has gone on since day one of ownership. Had ignition recall. Repaired by dealer with new keys and a remote fob at that time that they could only get to work the panic button. Took it home and diagnosed a blown fuse in the left side passenger kick panel and got it to work door locks. (also from day 1 drivers door will not remote lock with fob or inside buttons) I did the tire pressure monitors at that time (pressure drop method) and the system responded but I had old senors/tires so it was not a perfect reset.
Later on battery went dead and I had to crawl in from back seat and so on. That was a brain fart process! Got battery back up and then the remote stopped functioning. Left it like that until my daughter left her job at said Chevy dealer and had some GM card service credits. Brought it back to same dealer to get fob reprogrammed so I could use that and do the tire pressure system since I purchased AC/Delco senors from rock auto. The dealership spent three hours??! trying to reprogram with their scan tool and such and finally gave up and said they need to track wiring or module in the ceiling above mirror/onstar area.
That's where it's at. SVC TIRE MONITOR prompt and the idiot light and then the radio and chimes.
Like I said those unruly protons are on the wrong path.
Government so concerned about tire pressure warnings I can't shut that off either.
What's a batter lobotomy? Does it start with s shot of Jim Beam and pickle juice chaser for an anesthetic?
Good day
Old 09-06-2019, 02:32 PM

I'm not going to try to read all of that.
Your problem with the tire monitors and remote control are due to a well known problem with 2008 models. The RCDLR needs updated software. TSB # 08-03-16-001B

The chimes are commanded by the BCM and produced by the radio to be the driver side front speakers.

If you would post your problems concisely with punctuation we could probably help better.

A battery lobotomy is disconnect the ground cable from the battery for a few minutes to reboot all of the computers.

Which type of chime? 200 pulses per minute, 150 pulses per minute or 50 pulses per minute?

I am guessing that a wire is broken' the key-in-ignition warning is triggered by an low signal. Remember everything is digital.

This is the audible chime diagram, the dotted lines indicate GMLAN.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Ok, I’m out.