Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Tweeter thread.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 03:54 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by 07azhhr
No sir they are not the Vifa's. They are SB Acoustics, these to be exact http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com...weeter-4-ohms/ .

I am not sure what you mean by the mounts. I am thinking you mean the rings that I glassed into the pillars. I made the speaker rings myself from some scrap mdf I had. They were scraps that were actually the inside cutouts from my 8" speaker rings I made earlier.

These next two show the contors the best.

And this is before wrapping. Note I did a final sand and bondo app before wrapping. I have finally found a vinyl that is a match to the lt grey part of my interior. I will be wrapping them in that on Monday.

You gotta tell me how I can do that in my car :)

Are those tweeters rated for 120w rms? How much wattage are you giving them right now?

What about the mid below it?

Did you unhook the doors mids altogether?
Old 10-18-2012, 04:05 AM

No the doors are running my Polk DB 6.5 mids for now. But they will be replaced with 8" in the near future. Currently the 3 way fronts are running passive off the front 2 channels of my PPI Phantom 900.4 so the three per side are splitting the up to 145w that the amp can make at 4ohms. The future plan is to have all speakers running off their own amp channels with the tweets and midrangess getting 80w each and the door 8's getting around 200 each. They will be ran active off the Pioneer DEH-80prs in the last pic.

I have to get back into my work area right now so I will have to explain more tomorrow, well my tomorrow which is today actually lol. I don't consider it a new day until I wake up lol.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:34 AM
Premium Member

How long did it take to fiberglass and sand and what not?

I kinda wanna just put throw some tweeters in the center storage so that the a-pillars remain stock, minus the cutout of the grill which IMO doesn't look too bad anyway (also noticed the grills DO block a decent amount of sound when I was comparing the 2)

My only other thoughts were a mounted tweeter where the "airbag" bolt is (would be a mount that uses a hole and the airbag bolt would hold both the tweeter and a-pillar on)

Or a wedge box sort of thing that would just sit in the corner of the dash and be moveable/removeable)

Or something that can clip onto the defrost vent, giving both driver and passenger their own left and right channels (the storage box idea would use this same idea)

I gutted my logitech z110 speakers ($10 at ross) and they were able to handle a decent amount of power. So I think I might use these.

They sounded pretty good as mids and tweeters but I only hooked them up for a few minutes on my sony xex-700 with the high and mid output to test their response.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:28 PM

You cannot give the driver and the passenger each there own channels unless you wall off each seat position in the car. Audio is audio. If you produce sound on the far left of the car it will travel to the far right. You cannot stop the sound from the left going to the right. I get what your trying to do, but it will never work. you can use a sound processor such as IMPRINT to tune for different locations in the vehicle but you cant make tunes for easch passenger in the car. It is impossible.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:46 AM

For the most part you are right. However, high frequency sounds are more directional. So, it is possible to aim them so that each passenger gets a more complete left and right soundstage. Pontiac tried it in the Fiero. They put mid-high range speakers in the headrests. That said, these vehicles have very good acoustic quality and everyone the car can enjoy the full soundstage. Doing little tricks with extra tweeters will have minimal affect. I am currently re-doing my whole system. I placed the Infinity tweeters in the stock location, but angled them more outward than the stock ones.