Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

uninstall pal

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 06:17 AM

uninstall pal

Well i had my pal installed when I purchased my 08 HHR-pretty unhappy with and I am thinking of having it removed, I have the xm factory radio. My question is when I havee it uninstalled will the radio need to be reprogrammed? Thanks for your replys.

2008 white 2lt chrome package window vents mud flaps lower grill
The coastal crusier.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:49 PM

Why are you unhappy with it? I'm thinking about getting one.

Gary
Old 09-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Founding Member

I don't think you will need to do anything, but I don't know since I have heard of anyone uninstalling. If your not going to sell the PAL just leave it there for the next person. If you decide to competely remove the harness and all you could ask your dealer to reflash it and turn off the PAL in the BCM.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:14 PM

Reviews are mixed on the PAL. I'm on the side that likes it. True, it's not the most graceful or peppy of interfaces. But, it does provide a direct interface through the factory head unit, using the best output method for the iPod -- the dock connector. For me, the benefits are: no cables or wires running around the front of my dash; the ability to hide my iPod out-of-sight in the upper glove box; controlling the iPod directly through the stereo with information displayed on the head unit. These benefits outweighed the negatives for me. It's a bit slow, true. But I'm used to it now, and now what it takes to navigate through my playlists to find what I want.