Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

XM Display Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 07:10 AM

Question XM Display Question

Hey all you XM gurus out there...

I searched the forums but XM is too short of a search term and I didn't see any threads yet to answer my question.

In all of my previous vehicles with satellite radio installed the display would scroll the artist and song name for each song that was playing. In the HHR I can only find out how to select it to display EITHER the artist OR the song name (or the channel name or the channel category).

Is there a way to make the XM scroll which artist and song you are listening to much like the FM channels do? I listen to the emerging artists rock station a lot and would love to know the band name AND the song name without having to change the display on each song.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 04-05-2008, 09:18 AM

I haven't figured out how to in my wife's HHR. I've got a Pioneer in mine and it doesn't scroll either.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:20 AM

X2 ... I don't think there is a way with the stock units though. I haven't found any "secret" key combinations either.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by a76marine
Hey all you XM gurus out there...

I searched the forums but XM is too short of a search term and I didn't see any threads yet to answer my question.

In all of my previous vehicles with satellite radio installed the display would scroll the artist and song name for each song that was playing. In the HHR I can only find out how to select it to display EITHER the artist OR the song name (or the channel name or the channel category).

Is there a way to make the XM scroll which artist and song you are listening to much like the FM channels do? I listen to the emerging artists rock station a lot and would love to know the band name AND the song name without having to change the display on each song.

Anyone have any ideas?
I don't know why but XM just doesn't scroll. I agree it would be nice like the FM stations do. I think this is more an XM issue then the radio unless the roady scrolls, then it is a radio unit problem. Any roady users care to chime in?
Old 04-05-2008, 10:35 AM

I have a Delphi MyFi and it scrolls
Old 04-05-2008, 12:36 PM

Stock radio I was told dosen't scroll, by XM Tech.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:28 PM

I used to have a Roady and it didn't scroll but it did have 2 lines of text and was able to display both artist and song title at the same time.

Well at least I know I am not going totally crazy then if no one has been able to get it to work.

Thanks everyone.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:02 PM

Isnt there an info button, I thought mine did...been a while since having stock headunit.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by a76marine
I used to have a Roady and it didn't scroll but it did have 2 lines of text and was able to display both artist and song title at the same time.

Well at least I know I am not going totally crazy then if no one has been able to get it to work.

Thanks everyone.
The NAV unit in my Tahoe shows two lines too.

Originally Posted by shaginwgn
Isnt there an info button, I thought mine did...been a while since having stock headunit.
Yes you have to hit it to see information like the song title or artist.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by shaginwgn
Yea there's an "Info" button but I don't want to have to hit it every time a song comes on that I want to know the Title and Artist for.

Like when listening to the FM radio it will scroll Channel, Channel's Motto, Artist and Song Title.

Ah well... I can live without it just wanted to know if I was missing something.

Quick Reply: XM Display Question