Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics
View Poll Results: XM - Love it or leave it?
I love it and can't do without it.
53.51%
No thanks, it's not for me.
14.05%
I'm waiting for the merger to decide.
8.11%
Are you nuts? Radio should be free!!
24.32%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

XM - Like it or leave it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 02:53 PM

when my mom had it on her cobalt i loved it! cuz then i didnt have to worry about listen to the same stuff.

i want it on my panel. but have no idea how to put it on my car or if itll even go on there easy.

but none the less id love to have it.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:56 PM

Installed a Sirrius unit on wifeys car ( go XM - cheaper rates yearly)) anyways it works fine..plugged into the aux jack and the unit is in the center dash box..only thing you see is about 1 inch of wire and the aux plug. Unit is removable to dock anywhere you like. Ant is the flat disk mounted just fwd of the rear hatch on the roof, barely visable. Got mine at Radio Shack on xmas sale..don't remember the price. Best thing was only had to remove the center cover over radio and the center dash box , the ant wire tucks easily into theheadliner edge out of site.(oh yeah, removed the center roof panel by the rear hatch to run the ant wire thru boot). About 2 hrs work
Old 01-21-2010, 07:42 PM

I called to cancel the XM just before my trial period ended. The signal cuts out in my area. Wasn't worth the money at all. I then put the car away for the winter.

Now they have been calling me about a "billing issue". Today I called them back and said there isn't a billing issue, I cancelled. "No sir, you didn't. There is a balance of $43".

Horrible customer service. Nasty to deal with. I will be filing a complaint with our CRTC to complain if they won't remove the charges. They won't get their $43. And they will never have me as a customer again.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:36 PM

I have a 2006 LT which I have just bought. When I push the CAT button on the stereo, it says XM feature. I can not seem to find any info on the XM radio in the owners manual. I have been trying to find out the ID number which on XMs website says should be on channel 0. How do I find out the ID number? Are all HHRs Xm able?

Thanks.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:48 PM

My 3-month trial just expired the other day. I thought I had 1 year when I called XM to find out why my radio wasn't working. The customer service rep was rude and not very helpful. He didn't mentioned that I only had a 3 month trial and just hung up on me. After that experience, I will not renew my subscription. Plus, the radio stations weren't that good to begin with. They constantly played the same bands over and over. I can get that with terrestrial radio for free.

Now since I have only FM and AM stations, the reception isn't that good. I can't even get any AM stations at all. I suppose its time for me to buy a MP3 player.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Rest In Peace

No thanks.

I have Directv and it had or still has one of the 2, I forget now.

I only ever go to a channel on Christmas Day to play Christmas music while the kids open their gifts.

Pay for Radio? NO FRIGGIN WAY!

I can put a 32 Gig or a 16 Gig SD card full of my music or vids in the SD slot on my head unit, and Rock On!

Or just get some 8 Gig cards and put what you want on each one, Rock on one Country on one , whatever you want they are the size of a postage stamp.

I have an IPOD as well but havent used it in the car, the SD cards popped into the Head Unit I have is SWEET and I use a small zipperd SD card case to hold them in, takes very Little room and I can carry 1500 or so CD's worth of my music with me in the car and play what I want when I want.

I will be adding the HD modual to my HU and see what it's all about, I keep hearing ADs for the HD radios.

Paying monthly/yearly for radio just does Not interest me at all.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:13 AM

I used to be one against payng for radio. But Pandora Radio has changed that for me. It's only $3 a month. No advertisements and I choose what I listen to. Plus I get exposed to various artists that I never heard of.