Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics
View Poll Results: XM - Love it or leave it?
I love it and can't do without it.
53.51%
No thanks, it's not for me.
14.05%
I'm waiting for the merger to decide.
8.11%
Are you nuts? Radio should be free!!
24.32%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

XM - Like it or leave it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by halfpanel08
oh sweet, they merged, thats cool
ill try to search for a "code" ? lol

this is how you do it. happy for the amount of people i have helped with this

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/audio-video-17/xm-%2465-year-18590/
Old 11-10-2008, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by twistrman
this is how you do it. happy for the amount of people i have helped with this

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18590
is that offer still good ? and i dont have a radio yet to play it with.. do i have to order one as well?
Old 11-10-2008, 10:20 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by halfpanel08
is that offer still good ? and i dont have a radio yet to play it with.. do i have to order one as well?
You will need the XM id code from the radio when ordering.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:33 PM

Love it. I have 3 XM receivers, as well as many of the same audio channels on the 3 DirecTV receivers in our house. Also ties in with my Garmin for live traffic reports, automated re-routing, stock quotes (ignore that lately) and weather. The traffic re-route was awesome coming back from LV a few weeks ago, it set us out on secondary roads that had us sailing by traffic that was at a standstill on the freeway, saved at least an hour. http://www.xmradio.com/navtraffic/index.xmc
Old 11-10-2008, 10:36 PM

I do believe that this offer is to keep customers after the free trial, so if your car didn't come with it then I would not count on it working for you. Before I would never have thought about XM because I just couldn't see paying for radio but after my wife got a new car that came with it I kind of got hooked. I used the code to get the $77/year in hers and I bought the GM kit to put it in my car. As others have said the commercials on regular radio seem to be getting more frequent and they have even tried to sell advertising for the RDS display. The thing I hate most is when every station I listen to is on commercial break at the same time, XM will eliminate that problem.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:11 AM

I originally let the XM subscription expire and tried an add on Sirius portable radio. The portable radio was a major pain with the extra wires and a more difficult to use interface.
Since the Sirius/XM merger, I have restarted the subscription and am much happier using the OEM radio.
Had to have the XM and 'best of Sirius' for the NASCAR channel!!
Old 11-11-2008, 05:50 AM

There will be deals as XM and Sirius both need money and as one needs just as much if not more in a slow market.

I also expect programing will be opened up even more and some eliminated.

Do we really need a Oprah channel?
Old 11-11-2008, 06:15 AM

I believe in the end the merger will be very good for everyone

I believe (Hope!) in the end the merger will be good for everyone. It will combine and cut the overhead of the two companies into one saving cost and money.
It will make the programming larger and a better value. (I hope!) Some duplicate channels will be eliminated saving more money. I believe they realize how much the market will bear and people just will not pay no $15 a month for radio so they combined to make them more competitive.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:31 AM

you guys are crazy if you think the price is going to come down. When they merged they had to agree with the government that for a certain amount of time they would not raise rates, and then after that the gloves are off. Already they charge a crazy amount to add the like 5-10 sirius channels that Xm actually offers.

They're already ripping most people off for the monthly on it, and people will continue to pay it even if the economy is bad. Do you think your cable bill is going to go down or satellite tv? If anything it will only go up. As the economy gets worse it's doubtful that people will cancel their cable tv, instead they will shop at the dollar store and buy their clothes only on clearance.

Same thing. But now with the satellite radio there is only one, and they'll be able to do whatever they want. And people who love it will pay it.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:51 AM

In a bad economy they will lose if they raise the price too much.

I expect they will get Ala cate choices in time and you pick so many of the stations you want.

Quick Reply: XM - Like it or leave it?