Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

XM Radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 12:48 PM

XM Radio

I purchased a 08 HHR 2LT in November. XM radio was not on window sticker and I don't have XM. On the rear roof I have a XM antenna base. There is a hole in the base to secure an antenna. I'm just wondering why this HHR came with the antenna base.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Platinum Member

That is curious ???!!!!! And you say, you DO NOT have XM on the stciker or indiated on the radio. Did you buy the vehicle new from a GM dealer? Maybe they can answer it.

If you purchased used...maybe its a rental with a GPS antenna. I noticed several in rental fleets with the GPS antenna in the back.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:45 PM

I'm guessing you have OnStar? If so, the hole in the base is for your (missing) OnStar antenna.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by crazybob
I'm guessing you have OnStar? If so, the hole in the base is for your (missing) OnStar antenna.
OnStar is a standard item on the 08's
Old 12-20-2007, 02:16 PM

Yea, the OnStar was standard on my 08, but the XM shows up as an option @ $200 on the window sticker.

TomR
Old 12-20-2007, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
That is curious ???!!!!! And you say, you DO NOT have XM on the stciker or indiated on the radio. Did you buy the vehicle new from a GM dealer? Maybe they can answer it.

If you purchased used...maybe its a rental with a GPS antenna. I noticed several in rental fleets with the GPS antenna in the back.
I DO NOT have XM on the sticker or indicated on the radio. I bought the vehicle new from a GM dealer and received the GMS employee discount.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by crazybob
The owners manual states that the XM radio antenna is located at the rear of the roof. I have OnStar.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sparky
I DO NOT have XM on the sticker or indicated on the radio. I bought the vehicle new from a GM dealer and received the GMS employee discount.

To the dealer....you should go
Old 12-20-2007, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sparky
The owners manual states that the XM radio antenna is located at the rear of the roof. I have OnStar.
AND the OnStar antenna is at the rear also. But what do I know. I've only owned my car for 2 years now... Again, that hole in the antenna base is for the OnStar antenna. The base would be the XM antenna if you had XM.

Your OnStar may be working, just not very well without the mast.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Platinum Member

Sparky......

Found this in GM Tech Info. It appears you have this antenna and the dealer didn't provide (don't know if they routinely do) the complete antenna.

Hope this helps...

A new OnStar or combination OnStar/XM antenna is being used on a wide variety of vehicles in 2006.

If the improper procedure is used to remove the mast, the base may be broken or the mast may be gouged.

A hidden locking tab must be depressed to remove the mast from the antenna base (fig. 9 and 10). Insert a small screwdriver between the mast and the base to depress the locking tab while turning the mast to unthread it from the base.

- Thanks to Jim Hughes

Quick Reply: XM Radio